9: Run In With The Law

Aizawa was pretty injured. 

Because of that his senses were pretty impaired. He wasn't able to be on his guard as much as usual. 

Which is probably why he didn't recognize the masked man who had caused those injuries. He was also preoccupied with a particularly adorable cat named Butterscotch, so that may have contributed to it. 

An employee went to greet the father and child duo at the door. 

"Welcome! I suppose you're here to pet the cats?". The question was directed at the obviously excited toddler. 

"Yep!" The kid said, "Daddy said I could come here if I was good and I was good so we're gonna pet the cats!". The staff member just smiled at the pair, clearly smitten with the overexcited baby. 

"They were good for their babysitter." The father clarified. 

"Ah, that's exciting then." The woman beamed, "We only have a few rules. One, always be gentle with the cats and don't chase them around. Two, watch the doors as you enter and exit so none of the tricksters escape on us. Three, don't wake any sleeping cats. Four, try not to let them have any of the food. That one's the hardest to hold to, they're sneaky.". She said it like it was a secret. The toddler giggled. "Last and certainly not least, no using your quirk on the cats. If either of you wear protective gear, I'd advise you to be careful if you remove it to eat or drink anything. Just be concious of yourself and your own circumstances.". 

At least that wouldn't be a problem for Ichigo. They couldn't really use their quirk on anyone but themselves. Shigaraki on the other hand was very conscious of his quirk and wouldn't even have to take his gloves off. They were all set. 

"Let me show you to a table, I'll bring out a booster seat and you can order. You basically just let the cats come to you, or you can walk them around the room to pet some of the less active ones." The last part was directed at Tomura. The woman led them to a table and Tomura set his bag down before leading Ichigo towards the cats while they waited for a booster seat. 

"Cute!" Ichigo said as a fluffy white cat approached them. They held their hand out and softly pet the cat's head. When the cat rubbed against their hand, their eyes went wide and shot right to Tomura.

"They like you." He explained, bending down. He checked the cat's collar. "This is Marshmallow.". 

"Hi Marshmallow!" The toddler chirped, "I'm Ichigo.". 

"We have a cat named Ichigo." The woman said as she emerged. She strapped the booster seat into the actual seat before making her way over to the pair. She led Ichigo over to a very light coloured orange cat, that could be seen as strawberry blond. The name made sense. 

"This is her.". 

Ichigo reached out to let the cat sniff their hand as their dad had told them to earlier. The cat sniffed them and seemed to approve. Ichigo was quick to pet the cat, smiling widely. 

Ichigo, the cat not the child, followed them back to the table where Tomura got himself a coffee and the kid a cat shaped cupcake as a treat. 

There were several other people around, enjoying the café, but none of them were quite as observant as Aizawa. 

Which meant he was the only person besides the child's father who saw them turn into a kitten, exactly the same colour as the cat. 

Honestly the teacher was surprised, but when he thought about it quirks were like that sometimes. He had a lot of problem children on his hands these days, he should know. 

Meanwhile, Tomura was freaking out. Ichigo the cat took one look at Ichigo the now kitten and didn't hesitate to pick them up and carry them off. 

"Hey, no!" Tomura whisper shouted, chasing after the cat. The cat jumped into one of the crazy complicated climbing structures, about to disappear into one of the tunnels.