19: Primary Colours

It was almost unrealistic that no body seemed to connect Shimura Tenko, the man who was on a business trip with his child in Kamino, with Shigaraki Tomura, villain and kidnapper. 

In fact things went back to normal surprisingly quickly. Within three days Ichigo was at another playdate with Umi, and a week later the playgroup was back up and running. 

Things resumed a cautious normalcy that Tomura hadn't really expected. He had expected going on the run, hiding in hovels and hotels until the air cleared a little, maybe even taking over one of his teacher's hideouts. 

Yet here he was, eating lunch with Ikoma. 

"I'm glad you're both safe. I was worried when I heard you had been in Kamino at the time of the attack." The teacher said. 

"Ah, well I guess we were far enough away that we were able to take shelter." He lied through his teeth. Every time he lied now, he felt a little bad. This was someone who had made raising Ichigo and the attack possible, they deserved some sort of truth. 

But he didn't feel that bad, so he was going to continue lying to them. 

"I was so surprised to see All Might's true form." The woman continued, "I never expected it.". 

"Neither did I.". That one was completely honest. "But now that All Might's fallen, the world is changing. I only hope it changes for the better.". 

Ikoma gave him a strange look. "All Might hasn't really fallen. He defeated that villain and he's still alive. His presence is still there." She insisted. 

Tomura clenched his fist under the table. So they had failed, at least a little bit. 

"You're faith in the number one in unwavering?" He asked. Ikoma smiled ever so slightly. 

"I suppose it is. He's the symbol of peace." She said, almost shyly. Tomura nodded. 

"I guess you're right.". 

"Daddy doesn't like All Might?" Ichigo asked, popping up from under the table where they had been playing. 

"That's not what I'm saying." He smiled, lying through his teeth again. "I'm just worried.". 

Ichigo patted his cheek gently. "Don't worry." They said firmly. 

"I won't.". 

-------------- ------------ -------------- ------------- ------------ ------------ ------------ 

"What are you doing at my house?" Tomura demanded. 

Toga rolled her eyes and pushed herself past him through the door. "I can't believe you didn't invite us to paint!". She shook her head dismissively. 

"Shame on you." Dabi tutted as he too entered the apartment. They took their shoes away and neatly put them away before barging into the main room. 

"Ichigo!" Toga squealed. The toddler saw her and beamed, holding their arms out to be held. Toga obliged, picking the baby up. "Aw I missed you so much.". 

"Missed you too!" Ichigo agreed. 

"You saw her five days ago." Tomura cut in, closing the door behind them, resigned to his fate. 

"Forever ago!" Ichigo pouted. Toga pinched the toddler's cheeks and cooed at them. 

"Lets get started, huh? A little birdie told me we were painting today." She cheered. Ichigo nodded and pointed at the tiny easel set up in the corner of the room. "Oh my god that is adorable! Shigi, do you have any more of those?". 

"No I do not." He gritted out but Dabi was already in the closet in the main room, pulling out two more. 

"He totally does!".