26: The Highest Order

"The pressure's mounting." Aizawa said simply. 

Tsukauchi looked exhausted, a bit like a drug addict during withdrawal. But it was just sleep, or rather the lack of it. As the eighth day of the villain's imprisonment wore on, the tension and pressure was becoming unbearable. 

Nezu had gotten involved now. He had known the whole time, but he was just now getting actively involved in Shigaraki's imprisonment. 

Or Shimura's imprisonment, because that was his real name, they had discovered. 

Since connecting the missing child Shimura Tenko and the All For One's successor Shigaraki Tomura, things had only gotten harder. Things were being called into question. Things like how criminally responsible was Shimura really. How much did he remember? How much did he plan and how much was just blackmail from his 'teacher'? 

The principal had come up with an interesting way to help the decision get made though. He had suggested bringing someone closely effected by Shigaraki and closely tied to the name 'Shimura' in. 

All Might. 

Aizawa and Tsukauchi weren't fully informed and therefore couldn't fully understand what was going on. That of course added to the stress and the sleepless nights. 

Aizawa was suffering more then his partner because while he spent the day checking over documents and legal terms, he spent the nights with a toddler who was not coping well with being separated from their father. 

It was chaos right now, and the students were also getting antsy. Class 1-A had been missing their homeroom and english teachers for six school days now, and some of the more precocious children were 'running into' Aizawa on campus a lot. And without fail every time he would be faced with subtle questions about where he had been. 

But back to All Might. They had decided to bring the victim of the conspiracy and attempted murder in to make decisions. Typically the law was the law and the victim wouldn't have to interact with the person that tried to literally kill them outside of testifying in court. 

But this was anything but normal and it seemed like every day emotions and the law were butting heads. Besides, this was All Might they were talking about. 

He went to Shigaraki's cell first. 

The younger man was clearly taken off guard by the hero's presence, eyeing his cautiously. 

"Hello, Shigaraki." Toshinori said warmly as he took a seat across the table from the handcuffed villain. Tomura was getting very well acquainted with the interrogation room attached to his cells. 

All Might seemed hesitant, but sincere. He was making no sudden movements and had kept his tone soft. Like Tomura was some sort of easily startled small animal. 

"I understand this must be hard for you, and I do wish we had been able to meet under more amicable circumstances." Toshinori began. "But I'm here to ask what you know about your biological grandmother, Shimura Nana.". 

Tomura stiffened, the name dragging up unpleasant memories. He winced at the headache he had been developing for the past two days. His biological family...he had blocked out most of it. Probably a trauma response, but he only vaguely knew that it was his fault they were dead, and that they were dead. None of the real specifics. 

Sometimes though, he had nightmares about a dog he didn't remember the name of disappearing in his hands. That probably had something to do with it. 

"She was a hero." Tomura started, putting the effort in to recall this. "She abandoned her family. My father-her son-resented her for that. He turned her life into a hidden shame. We never talked about her.".