24: Effortlessly Complicated

"Answer me!" The woman demanded, louder this time. "What did you do to Shimura and Ichigo?!". 

Aizawa felt his mouth dry up a little bit. Whatever was going on he had a slightly uneasy feeling about. "I don't know what you're talking about. Please put the weapon down and leave me alone.". 

"Are you kidding me?" The woman asked, a tinge of hysteria in her voice. "My friends disappear for four days, no texts no calls no nothing, and then suddenly a man I don't recognize shows up with the keys to their apartment? You expect me to just let that go?". 

Thinking quickly, Aizawa realized that whipping out his hero license and announcing that this is actually the home of the current leader of the League of Villains would be a bad idea. The public weren't supposed to know yet. 

"I'm a family member." He lied. "I'm just checking up on the place while he's away.". 

Ikoma scoffed. "He doesn't have any family besides Ichigo." She said, her grip on the frying pan once again tightening. "Tell me who you really are and what you did with them.". 

No family? Well, most villains were isolated, but still. Learning Shigaraki never had anyone visit was important information. That meant there likely weren't people out there looking for him. 

Except this person, apparently. 

"He left that morning, to take Ichigo to the cat café," The woman continued, "I offered to take Ichigo afterwards, because they always get so excited and active at the cafe, but they never...". She trailed off for a moment, her voice becoming thick with emotion. 

"They never came home.". 

Somehow that impacted Aizawa. Despite the fact it had been him to arrest Shigaraki, he felt the pit in the woman's stomach. 

"What am I supposed to think?" She demanded, "Young parents like him are at risk of being kidnapped, murdered, human trafficked! And because he's an adult the police wont help me!" 

"I'm not naïve, I know there are people out there who'd want to take Ichigo for their quirk. S-so just tell me where they are, or I'll use this!" The woman raised the frying pan above her head. 

"That would be irrational and just get you in trouble." The hero replied. She shook the pan threateningly. "He-okay. Alright, I get it." He held his arms up in a surrender like position. 

"Most of this-well-all of this is highly classified." He explained, "But at this point its just easier to tell you everything. Come with me.". 

"Why the hell would I go anywhere with me? You could just kill me or kidnap me. What's stopping you from doing what you did to Tenko to me?" Ikoma asked, suspicious of his every move. 

Aizawa pulled out his hero license and watched as the woman's face went pale. "I'm not going to hurt you." He reiterated, "Just give me a chance to explain.". 

----------- ------------ ------------ ----------- ------------- -------------- -------------- 

Ichigo wanted to be small. 

Well, they were already small. Their daddy told them they were all the time. But right now they wanted to be even smaller and curl up in daddy's pocket. 

Their daddy told them that it was okay to want to be small sometimes, that they were lucky to be able to actually be small. But they also knew that there were times for being big and being small and being a human and not. 

'Don't show them your quirk'. That's what their daddy had told them before they took him away from them. 

Ichigo wanted to be good and listen. It was just like staying with uncle Keigo again, wasn't it? If they were good, their daddy would come back and then they would get hugs and special cuddles and get to stay up late and watch a grown up movie until they fell asleep.