14: Not So Calm Before The Storm

Umi giggled quietly as she moved the dolls around the room. Ichigo put up a valiant fight against the oncoming army, but they soon became overwhelmed. 

That was when they decided being a tiger cub would make it easier. They kept their claws retracted, they didn't want to actually break any of the dolls. But they had no problem slamming them to the ground with their increased strength. 

Umi smiled ever so slightly, her gloomy expression lifting as she watched the other toddler prance around. Maybe it wasn't so bad to spend time with other kids. 

Usually she cried when her mom tried to introduce her to new kids. Enough of them had run away from her that she had actually become scared of them. 

Ichigo made a small meowing noise, alerting their friend that they had stopped. Umi giggled as she started moving the dolls again, making sure the ones she liked least got slammed into the floor or the wall. 

"What's all the fuss in there?" Suzume asked, opening the door. "Oh...". She trailed off, half laughing half baffled. 

Tomura and her had really created some little monsters. 

Umi slammed a doll into the wall particularly hard and Suzume took that as her moment to intervene. 

"Why don't we watch a movie instead?" She suggested. It was nearly nap time for both of them anyways. 

The toddlers agreed easily and she led them back to the living room. Umi's favorite movie was the Lion King, so of course that was what they were going to watch. Ichigo had never seen it before, so they were excited. 

Looking back there was definitely a reason Ichigo hadn't seen the film before. The moment Simba appeared on screen their eyes sparkled. 

It went in slow motion and Suzume felt dread in the pit of her stomach for what felt like an hour before Ichigo actually turned into a baby lion. Umi was, of course, delighted. She loved lions, ironic for a child as timid as her. 

They put their best effort into roaring like Mufasa did in the movie. It was actually adorable. Umi absolutely squealed as 'I Just Can't Wait To Be King' started playing. 

She pulled out her phone, prepared to send one hell of a video to Tomura. 

There were a lot of animals on the screen, and Ichigo was trying their absolute darndest to get as many down as possible. 

"Zebra! Zebra!" Umi requested. Ichigo tried, but they hadn't gotten a good enough look at it to transform, remaining a stark white baby flamingo. They then changed back into a human, giggling happily. 

Suzume laughed too, ending the video and sending it to Ichigo's dad. That would surely brighten his day. 

--------- ------------- ------------- ---------- ---------- --------- ----------- 

Tomura checked his phone the moment he heard the buzz. Absentmindedly he clicked the video, wondering what it was that justified a laughing emoji and the comment 'I think our kids are getting along well'. 

He hadn't prepared himself for the absolutely attack that was that many adorable baby animals all at once and Ichigo's sweet like giggle and smile at the end. 

"What're you looking at?" Dabi asked, moving to look over Tomura's shoulder. The proud father couldn't stop himself from showing the video. 

Hawks followed suit, looking over his other shoulder. 

The two watched intently as the video played. 

When it ended, Dabi silently turned to Hawks. 

"I want one.".