Chapter Nine. "flowers"

He hadn't thought he would 'crash'.

But he did..

And god how embarrassing it was, it was bad to the point the glitch wished that the ground of the anti-void would split and take him away.

But you couldn't exactly blame him..! The destroyer had just witnessed one of the most cute things one could ever see, just thinking about it made error on the verge of crashing again.

And as much as the glitch wanted to yell at dream from frustration for using such a deadly weapon against him
'a kiss from a doll the looked like him' he couldn't bring himself to do so.

You see.. after error crashed dream thought that something was wrong and started to panic, checking error for any hidden injuries and such.

But when he found nothing it dawned to him that he was the cause of it. The guardian didn't know exactly what he did..

'Was it the doll...?!'

'Or maybe him...?!'

Dream panicked even more feeling super guilty for even resulting in hurting the other.

He would never forgive himself if he hurt the destroyer...

And to make it worse for the poor guardian, error took longer than usual to reboot making dream's anxiety hit the endless ceiling of the anti-void.

When the reboot was finally done, the glitchy skeleton grunted in pain. His head was swimming and his eye-sockets hazy.

He looked around him. 'where was he again..?' the glitch thought clutching his skull softly.

Someone was talking to him but he couldn't make out the muffled sound as the ringing in his head rose more.

He tried focusing on whoever was with him but could only see a golden smudge in front of him but still keeping its distance.

He closed his eyes again...

'gold...'

'wait.. Gold..!?!'

'dream..!'

He remembers..! He was with dream when he crashed.

The glitch waited for a few minutes before trying to open his eye-sockets again.

When error opened them he was met with a panicked dream on the verge of crying, his golden tears threatening to spill at any moment.

"oh my stars! Are you okay..?!" dream said almost freaking out.

"I'm s-so so so s-sorry..! I should h-have been m-more careful..!" the guardian stuttered almost hyperventilating.

"oh god.. oh god.. I'm so sorry..!" dream said shaking now.

How could error even think of lecturing him after this..

He freaked the sh!t out of the poor guardian.

And error didn't know what to do to calm dream down...

"i-iT's aLrIgHt dReAm... i-iT's aLrIgHt." the glitch said as soft as he could.

"I'm fInE... SeE..! NoThiNg iS wRoNg.." error said slowly, bringing the sobbing dream to his arms and hugging him lightly without glitching.

"sEe..! I'm aLrIgHt, yOu aRe AlRiGhT..
LoOk I dIdN't eVeN gLitCh." error continued whispering to the skeleton
in his arms sweetly.

"b-but it's not, I-I hurt you.. I can feel it, you a-are in pain." dream said still sobbing while trying to get out of error's arms. He didn't want to hurt the glitch more than he already did.