Chapter Twelve. "melancholy"

"dReaM.. We NeEd tO tAlK..."

Dream's cheesy smile fell after hearing the other, he could tell how serious error was by the sound of his voice.

Dream's once golden shining eye-lights became dimmer, his happy facial expression turning to a one of numbness and emptiness.

He looked error almost dead in the eye-socket, before sighing softly.

"you figured it out, right..?" the golden skeleton simply said, still maintaining eye contact.

"you saw my... Check box, didn't you?" the guardian continued, his face still neutral.

The destroyer lowered his skull in shame, admitting his doings.

"I'm not mad or sad error, do not lower your skull for me..
I know you did it because you were worried, so it's alright.." dream said, lifting error's skull up so he can see dream's face.

Dream smiled a small smile, trying to be reassuring.

"see, I'm not mad.."he said softly.

The glitch wanted to say something to protest but he couldn't get any words to come out of his mouth.

So dream continued..

"you also helped with these, am I right...?" the positive skeleton said, pointing at his bandaged arms where his cuts where.

The glitch nodded avoiding dream's golden gaze on him.

"I'm sorry you had to see that...
But thank you for treating them anyway." the guardian apologised and thanked the destroyer at the same time, giving him another small smile.

"iT's tHe lEaSt I CoUld dO, yOu ArE mY oNly aNd bEsT fRiEnd. BeSidEs, yOu alWaYs tOok cArE of mY... WOuNds."
Error said lightly, still avoiding eye-contact with the guardian.

Dream couldn't help but let out a sad laugh, averting his gaze to the ground of the anti-void.

"I really am a pathetic hypocrite, am I not..?" the guardian said chuckling sadly at how stupid in error's eyes he must have been.

"I told you not to hurt yourself and think on the bright side and here I'm doing the exact opposite..."dream continued, scolding his pathetic self.

When error heard this words he
almost flipped..!, something in him almost snapped at what dream said.

"nO yOu'Re nOt..! YoU ArE tHe mOsT aMazIng sKeLeTon I hAve sEeN. YoU aRe tHe kiNdEst pErSon iN tHis wHoLe mUltIveRse..! YoU kNow tHaT, riGhT..?!"
The destroyer said, almost pleading to the other.

When he was met with silence, it broke his little glitchy soul.

"you want answers if I'm not mistaken.." dream simply said, choosing to ignore what the other said.

Error could tell dream was ignoring the problem, but he didn't want to press
on it..

Besides, he still wanted an explanation from the guardian.

Since error didn't protest anymore. Dream considered error's silence as an affirmation to continue..

"so... From where do you want to start..?" dream asked, making himself comfortable.

The guardian seemed very chilled about the whole situation, which put error on edge a bit.

But didn't comment about it since he knew the skeleton in front of him was the guardian of positive feelings and no one else, he knew dream was well used to situation were he had to 'pretend' or 'stay calm' in order to help, dream told the destroyer himself about that.