The Beginning of a Journey - Chapter One

!Art does not belong to me, I found it on Pinterest. Full credit to the artist!

_____________________________________________

You had recently turned ten. You'd waited so long for this, and the time had finally come.

All of your siblings have Pokémon, as they are all older than you. Some even had Pokémon before you were born.

But now you were about to get your first Pokémon from Professor Oak. Your very own partner. You couldn't wait.

By the time you made it to the lab Professor Oak was outside, and he looked up to see you approaching.

"Ah, hello [Name]!" He called when you were within an earshot.

"Hi Professor," You responded, you'd only met him a twice before. Once was because he came over to chat with you father, and the second time you met him was because your family invited his family over for dinner. But from what you knew he seemed to be a nice man.

"You're actually the first one here, why don't you come inside?" Professor Oak suggested, stepping inside of the lab with you trailing behind.

Professor Oak led you into a room where the three pokeballs containing the starter Pokémon lay.

"Choose whichever one you want," The Professor encouraged as you walked up to the table where they were.

Charmander, Squirtle, or Bulbasaur. You thought about it for a moment, it was completely your choice.

Your hand hovered over the pokeball of your chosen starter for a moment before you grabbed it.

"I choose Bulbasaur," You told the Professor, releasing the grass type.

"A wonderful choice indeed!" Professor Oak complemented, "Here's a Pokédex and six pokeballs."

You took the [Favorite Color] Pokédex and pokeballs before turning to your partner.

Your Bulbasaur had heart shaped markings on its head, which indicated her being female.

She let out a cheerful cry, almost like a greeting, before there was a knock on the door to the lab and it was pushed open.

"Professor Oak!" A female voiced called, "Are you here? I came to get my Pokémon!"

"I'll be right back," Oak excused himself, leaving you allow for a minute.

Your Bulbasaur stared at you for a moment before she walked over to your leg, not knowing what she wanted you ignored her. That was until she let out a small cry and bounced up and down a few times.

Getting the hint, you lifted her up. A smile grew on her face, or, what you thought was a smile.

You held her up for a few seconds before setting her back down and returning her to her pokéball, about to leave, before Professor Oak walked back in. But a girl was following him.

She had wavy, shoulder length, magenta colored hair, light pink eyes, and she wore a light grey sweater, black pants, along with white athletic shoes.

She greeted you immediately, "Hello! You're here to get your starter too, right? It's nice to meet you, I'm Michiko."

"Oh, I'm [Name], it's nice to meet you too," You introduced yourself.

"Ooo, which starter did you pick? I was hoping for Charmander, unless you already took it?" Michiko asked.

"No, I took Bulbasaur," You explained, looking down at the pokéball in your hand, before you tucked it away.

"Oh, then I'll take Charmander, Professor," She practically squealed, grabbing the pokéball and bolting out the door the second she got her Pokédex, "I hope we meet again [Name]!"