Indigo Plateau, Round One - Chapter Six, Part One

!Art does not belong to me, I found in on Pinterest, full credit to the artist!

_____________________________________________

You were currently standing beside Ash as he got checked in for the Pokémon League.

"Welcome to Pokémon Village, I need your identification so I can check you in, please," The lady at the check-in stand requested.

"Ash can check in well I check out your beautiful smile" Brock cut in, "I could check that out all day."

"It's checkout time for you, Brock," Misty interrupted, pushing him away from the poor woman.

Ash handed the women his Pokédex, well you waited, your Ivysaur standing by your side.

"Is this your first time at the Pokémon League?" The woman asked.

"Uhh, yes!" Ash replied, as the woman scanned his Pokédex to check him in.

"Well, that's it. You're all checked in," The woman returned the Pokédex to Ash.

"Thank you! Uh, Ms. who am I battling in the Indigo Stadium?" Ash questioned, and you turned to face him, and instantly corrected him.

"Ash, you don't start out battling in the Indigo Stadium."

"What do you mean, [Name]?" Ash wondered, and you further elaborated;

"At the Indigo League, they use four different battlefields; rock, grass, water and ice. You have to win your matches on all four battlefields before you can battle in the Indigo Stadium."

"[Name], how'd you know about that?" Ash asked you, and you sighed;

"Unlike you, Ash, I actually decided to research the Indigo League before coming here. That way I knew what was going on beforehand."

"Rude," Ash muttered, and you barely managed to hear him, but he then turned his attention back the women, "Uh, what field do I have to battle on first?"

"All you have to do is press this button," She clicked the red button the was sitting on the counter once to turn it on, "Wherever the light stops is where your first match is, good luck, Ash."

Ash pressed the button and the light began to circle around the board, which held a section for each battlefield. Ash clicked the button a second time and the light landed on water.

"That's the water field!" Misty stated, re-joining you and Ash at the check-in stand.

"Alright!" Ash exclaimed determinedly.

"The water field it is, now the system will select your opponent," The women explained, as the machine choose Ash's first opponent.

"I guess that's the guy I'm going to beat!" Ash whisper-shouted.

"His name's Mandy, you're the third match," The woman explained, "Be there by one, and good luck."

"Thanks," Ash replied.

"Ash, do you want to use some of my water Pokémon?" Misty asked.

"What do I need them for, I have Squirtle," Ash responded.

"Squirtle's great, but you don't want to have just one water Pokémon, you need variety, trust me, after all water Pokémon are my specialty," Misty told him, and you sighed, knowing this was going nowhere.

"Thanks for the offer, but Squirtle and I can handle this outselves," Ash remarked pridefully.

"Hiya, Ash," A familiar voice suddenly interjected, and you looked to your right to find Gary and his fans, "So you're on the water field first?"