Brock's Boulder Badge - Chapter Three

!Art does not belong to me, I found it on Pinterest, full credit to the artist!

I swear it took me longer to think of a suitable chapter title then it took me to write the chapter itself-

_____________________________________________

Ash had already run off ahead of you and Misty, he was in a rush to have his gym battle. Although you couldn't blame him, you'd probably feel that excited if it was your first gym battle, he could have at least slowed down a bit.

"Is he always in this big of a rush!" Misty questioned and you simply shrugged.

"I have no clue, but I'd assume so."

"Haven't you known him for a while?" She asked, cocking her head to the side.

"I've known him about an hour longer then you, even if we are from the same town," You explained truthfully.

"Oh, that's, wow," Misty couldn't seem to find the words to put together a sentence.

You chuckled a bit as the two of you made it to the Pewter City gym, and found your way to the indoor balcony.

You noticed that Ash was already preparing his first Pokémon, and you were curious as to which one he would use. His Pokémon weren't exactly great again rock types.

Brock, the gym leader, sent out a Geodude, and you know what Ash sent out?

A Pidgeotto.

He didn't even seem to know that it was a bad choice, which only made you more irritated.

"Is he an idiot?" You harshly whispered to Misty, who did not give you the answer you expected.

"Are you just now noticing?"

You turned back to the battle after that, Ash had just commanded his Pidgeotto to use gust.

It swiftly circled the opposing Geodude while using the move, creating a mini tornado.

But, of course, that didn't work, and you watched Pidgeotto get chased around by Geodude, trying to hit it out of the air.

Ash looked dumbfounded by this.

"How foolish," Brock muttered before raising his voice so Ash could hear, "Don't you know that flying types are totally weak to rock types?"

"I-is that so-" Ash responded, clearly confused with this 'new' discovery.

"You're hopeless, geez," Misty groaned, staring at the battle below.

You were quite surprised when a group of kids joined you, so much so that you weren't paying attention to the battle and failed to catch the fact that Pidgeotto had fainted, until you heard Ash say;

"Go, Pikachu!"

Oh my- that's even worse then Pidgeotto-

"That one again?" Brock asked, and you caught into the word again. Did Ash battle him already?

Brock continued, "I feel sorry for it being with a trainer who uses his Pokémon so roughly."

Ash ignored him and focused on his partner, "Pikachu, you're different from yesterday!"

Pikachu responded with letting out a powered-up thunderbolt, that hit Geodude, and somehow managed to knock it out.

Needless to say, that suprised everyone.

"Pikachu, amazing," Misty murmured, still staring intently at the battle.

"Yeah, it was quite shocking, wouldn't you say?" You commented and she glared at you.