Indigo Plateau, Round Two and Beyond - Chapter Six, Part Two

!This art was drawn by, Bijoux of Eternity on quotev, it's of Zymia and [Name]!

Also, due to a recent comment and some potential confusion I'll be listing all of the featured Pokémon and their nicknames at the beginning of every chapter.

~ Ivysaur; No nickname ~ Gastly; Zymia ~

_____________________________________________

You were currently watching Ash's battle on the rock field, both of the trainers had one Pokémon remaining.

The opposing trainer sent out a Nidorino, well Ash sent out his Squirtle.

Your Ivysaur was watching the battle with interest, since she rarely battled herself.

"The young trainer from Pallet chooses Squirtle! Ketchum must be hoping that Nidorino's mighty horn is no match for Squirtle's tough shell," The announcer reasoned.

"I'm counting on you, give it everything you've got, Squirtle!" Ash encouraged.

Squirtle nodded, seeming to agree with his statment, you knew that the Pokémon was going to try its hardest.

Nidoran then proceeded to charge at Squirtle, likely trying to use its horn to its advantage.

"It's a tackle attack!" Misty warned from beside, which startled you since you'd be so focused on the battle, hearing her speak so loudly was surprising.

"Get ready," Ash muttered in anticipation.

"Nidorino's leading off with a tackle attack!" The announcer remarked.

"Alright Squitle, Withdraw and roll!" Ash commanded.

Squirtle managed to Withdraw in the nick of time, and Nidorino rammed into it's shell, breaking several rocks in the process.

Squirtle's shell rolled away, and Nidorino immediately began to give a chase.

"Good Squirtle," Ash complimented, and Squirtle continued rolling, "Keep rolling."

Squirtle then rolled off of a rock ledge, and flew a few feet into the air.

"Alright, Squritle, Water Gun!" Ash exclaimed, as Squirtle popped back out of its shell.

The Water gun made direct contact, and it knocked Nidorino backwards and into a rock.

"Squirtle, Skull Bash, now!" Ash instructed.

Skull Bash was enough to knock Nidorino out, giving Ash the win.

"Squirtle's Skull Bash was right on target and Nidorino is shaken!" The announcer exclaimed.

"Nidorino is out of the competition, the battle and the match go to Ash Ketchum!"

"Yeah!" Ash cheered.

Pikachu and Squirtle were also cheering, along with yourself, Misty, and Brock.

"And a very happy Ash Ketchum will now move onto the third round of this Pokémon League competition," The announcer stated.

You then noticed Gary, and all his cheerleaders standing with the crowd.

Was he watching Ash's match?

You doubted that, but if he was standing there, he probably had been watching the match.

He then caught your gaze, smirked, waved, and left, his cheerleaders following him.

You weren't sure how to feel about that, but you ignored it and turned your attention back to your cheerful friend.

"Congratulations, Ash," You stated, or rather, shouted, since it was hard to hear a single word of the cheering of the crowd.