Johto League, Torches and Turmoil - Chapter Eleven, Part Two

!Another Fanart from Bijoux of Eternity of quotev!

~Gastly; Zymia ~ Vulpix; Kyu ~ Scyther; Tao ~ Venasaur; No nickname~

"I challenge you to a Pokémon battle!"

You were slightly taken aback by this request, but you didn't see any harm in having a battle.

But you were currently hanging out with Misty, so it felt a little rude.

"I would love it have a battle, but me and Misty are hanging out right now, so, maybe later?" You offered, it was mid afternoon, so you could still have a battle later.

She deflated slightly, but agreed, "In two hours from now, okay?"

"That works for me, I'll see you then!" You called, as she bolted off, in the same direction she had come from.

Misty sweat-dropped, as Michiko left, "She sure is energetic.."

"I'll say," You responded, chuckling a bit.

Misty then turned to you, and gave you a tired smile, "I think we should head back, Ash and Brock might be a little worried about us disappearing on them. I mean, as long as they finished training."

"If Ash is still training it'd be concerning, not surprising, but concerning," You replied, before adding, "But I agree, we should head back regardless."

The walk back to your hotel was mostly silent, neither of you knowing what to say, and plus, the battle challenge was still fresh in your mind. You had to decide what Pokémon you were going to use.

Zymia was a definite no, as she could barely use a single move without wasting all her energy. So it was between Kyu, Tao, and Venasaur.

You were so caught up in your thoughts that you failed to notice you had completely stopped walking, until Misty waved her hand in front of your face, to snap you out for your trance.

"[Name], are you alright? You zoned out there for a second," Misty told you, as the two of you started walking again.

"Yeah," You replied sheepishly, "I'm fine, just thinking about the upcoming battle."

"That's understandable, it's happening soon, and it was quite out of the blue," Misty pointed out, "And if you want any advice I'd be happy to help you out."

"Thanks a lot, I'd rather get advice from you or Brock then Ash, at the very least," You responded, as your hotel came into view.

She let out a breathless laugh, but didn't reply, as the two of you neared the hotel, in complete silence.

The two of you didn't speak again until you reached your hotel room, solely because neither of you knew what to say.

"Well, we're back," Misty commented, opening the door, only to find the room completely empty, no sign of Ash or Brock, causing her to deadpan, "And what a surprise, they're not here."

"Ash probably got something to eat," You bluntly stated, going to sit down on your bed, "And Brock either went with him, or saw a pretty lady and got distracted."

"You really can't let those two out of your sight for a second, can you?!" She groaned in annoyance, before adding in a slightly calmer voice, "I'm going to go find them, enjoy the peace and quiet well you can."

You sweat-dropped, and waved, "Bye..?"

She huffed, and left the room, slamming the door angrily behind her. Which you nervously chuckled at, before you collapsed on your bed, staring at the ceiling.