Blackout, Tagged-out - Chapter Ten

!Art is from the Pokémon anime!

~Vulpix; Kyu ~ Scyther; Tao~

You're group was currently heading towards Ecruteak City, walking along a cliff, when you heard someone shout;

"I'm Alex Davis from Cherrygrove City!"

"I wonder what's going on down there," You mumured.

"Sounds like a Pokémon battle," Brock remarked.

How did you get that from someone stating their name and hometown?

"Come on, Pikachu! Let's go check it out!" Ash declared, running in the opposite direction you all were heading.

"Hey, wait!" Misty called after him, "We're supposed to be heading the other direction!"

You, Misty, and Brock had caught up Ash. And as it turns out, that kid who had shouted his name loud enough for you all to hear, was fighting none other then Gary Oak.

He had an Umbreon with him.

"His Eevee must have evolved," You noted.

"Yeah, Gary must have had a lot of tough battles to evolve it into an Umbreon.." Ash muttered.

"I can't wait to see it in action," Brock stated.

"Okay, Umbreon," You heard Gary voice, "This is the first new opponent you've had in a while so study their attacks carefully."

"Umbre!"

Gary turned to face the trainer, "Okay, let's get this show on the road."

The other kid growled, "I don't like your attitude! Alakazam Zap Cannon!"

It got ready to use the move, and Umbreon got into a fighting stance.

Alakazam used the move, and it went flying towards Umbreon.

"Dodge it!" Gary instructed.

"Where'd it go?!" Ash questioned in shock.

Oh I don't know, maybe three feet above the ground and in your line of sight?

"Alakazam, use Psychic!"

The attack, of course, didn't even phase Umbreon.

"Hey, it didn't work!" The kid, whom you remembered was named Alex, exclaimed.

Umbreon jumped back to Gary's side.

"I thought you'd be smarter then to use a Psychic attack against an Umbreon," Gary sneered.

This answer did not please Alex, "Use Headbutt!"

Alakazam practically flew at Umbreon, but before the attack could come in contact with Umbreon, Gary gave a command;

"Dodge it!"

Umbreon hoped over Alakazam, and landed behind it.

"Tackle!"

Umbreon quickly turned around, and slammed into Alakazam, knocking it backwards.

"Alakazam!" Alex called out in concern.

Alakazam was injured, but still standing.

"All right!" Alex cheered, "Alakazam use Dynamic Punch!"

Alazazam used the attack, but didn't get to reach Umbreon before Gary gave an order;

"Okay, Umbreon, Agility!"

Alakazam continuously swung it's arms, trying to hit Umbreon, who continued to doge every attack, before jumping in the air. Alakazam tried to hit the Pokémon in midair, but Umbreon managed to dodge the attack.