Part One

Onyx at 14, 3 years of being alone
"Tera knock it off" I groaned rolling over "Snow and Flame you too"
    Tera barked again and my eyes snapped open. The wolf rolled her eyes and looked at the bowl growling. The 3 year old pups tore off fighting in the open field going to find their own breakfast.
    "Not much for a survivalist aye?" I asked her "Protector yes, good thing you'll live as long as me"
    She trotted over to her food and graciously ate it. Half way through her ears flew up and the pups came running back. They circled me and I grabbed my bow and backed into the back corner.
    "I mean no harm" the voice said "I have brought you seeds and medicine. Your grandfather knew my mother"
    "How do you know? Who are you?" I cursed at myself for giving us away. Tera again huffed and looked at the pups.
    "My name is Ash, I'm from a coven nearby. No one else knows of your existence but us. We want to help you even if you cannot enter our land" She said sweetly "you don't have to come out but I'll leave these here for you"
    We watched as she skipped out of the house and disappeared.
Flame being the inquisitive pup walked up to the basket and sniffed. He whimpered at Tera to sniff, she gave me the safe signal and I walked towards it.
Flame cocked his head and gave me a goofy grin, "She was beautiful wasn't she?" I mused thinking of her "Too bad we now have to leave. Pa wouldn't appreciate them knowing I'm here"
Tera gave me a look and brought me a box, I hadn't looked at it for a reason. It hurt too much, Pa should have been here. I don't know where he went, no matter how hard Tera tracks the trail has gone cold.
Maybe having a friend wouldn't be so bad? I feel like I'm going crazy talking to the wolves all the time.

Syn at 13, alpha to be

My wolf tore through the woods, loving the freedom of being off the palace grounds. It's become more and more suffocating the older I get. It really got bad once I turned 13 and gained my wolf, she doesn't like acting as something she's not. She's an alpha female, not a she-wolf.
My future beta and gamma followed behind me not being able to fully keep up with me with my size.
I skidded to a stop when I saw two young pups bolt through the woods towards a clearing. I decided against following since the boys would soon catch up and didn't like me getting into trouble, my fathers orders. I groaned and turned around hoping I could slip out after dusk to investigate myself.
    "Are you alright Syn?" my beta linked me, his wolf panting uncontrollably "There's no way we caught up"
    "I'm fine, I thought I saw a deer but it was nothing"I linked back, trying to lie.
    "I don't smell one, but something is weird here forsure"  Ryder linked
    The damned gamma ruined my plans already. My father had most of his land blocked off since he didn't "trust" me. They're all fun killers if you ask me and my wolf.
    I convinced them that everything was fine, and that I was tired from training earlier with my dad. They seemed to buy it and we trotted back to the castle. They say it's just a house but having enough space for an entire army and our families made it a castle to me.
    After dinner and a warm shower I put my plan into motion, I was going back to meet those wolves. Maybe they were like us, even if they didn't smell like a shifter.
    My wolf stirred, liking the idea of rule breaking. She was an alpha and knew it, orders that were not from her she wasn't going to follow. Her head perked up as I started to call for her entering the woods in the back of the yard.
    I shifted and took off to where I had seen the wolves today, I had to be fast before they noticed I was missing. I can only pretend to be taking a nap and studying for so long and they knew it.
    Davina my wolf reached the target and stuck her snout up to see if there was any sign of them. I caught a tail in the corner of my eye, and trotted over to it.
    I heard a growl from behind me, but I realized it was not a shifter. Just a plain ordinary wolf, which was still odd. How did we not know they were here?
    The mother wolf came out and bowed to me, her pups playfully following her lead. I shifted back and patted her head.
    "Where did you come from little ones?" I asked
    The pups crawled over to me and both rolled over, I could have sworn the mom rolled her eyes. I stayed with them for a while till their ears perked up and they ran towards the woods again. I tried to follow them but it was like they disappeared into thin air. Davina growled because I didn't let her play with them, I wanted to build their trust first. She was 5x the mom's size and a bit intimidating.
The years go on...   
Up until Syn was 17 she visited the wolves, and eventually Davina was able to bond with them, and hunted with them. She never found the owner, but he watched her from behind the wall as Ash called it.
    Ash and him became quite close, seemingly dating by the time he hit 18. Around that time Syn stopped coming around and he missed watching Tera get excited to see her friends. Although he did not trust the girl enough to come out and show himself. His Pa warned him about her kind, they may seem harmless at first but they are not to be trusted.
    Ash didn't like the girl, she knew who Syn was and sensed her power. Her wolf size alone was enough to assume she was high rank, her brother explained to her that she was an alpha. Her pack's leader, and it was forbidden for Ash to go near the shifter.
    At the age of 18 Syn became the official alpha of the River Lotus pack, of what used to be North America. She missed playing with the wolves in the forest but had too much to do now as the leader. She loathed the politics and constant ridicule for being a female, and not having a mate.