Chapter TwentyOne

Syn
    I followed behind Otr and Nissa, who were now holding hands and practically skipping. The only thing they saw in the world was each other at that moment. My heart hurt thinking of Onyx. My perfect human mate. Davina missed him and silently wished we would have brought him along.
    Paavo and Orsan were running around in their wolf forms while the dragons, Clara, Ryder, and Alice all tore down camp. The air was starting to nip at my skin causing me to shiver, even though as a wolf the chill shouldn't bother me.
    I smiled walking towards what was my tent seeing my bag sitting on the cot. It still faintly smelt of my mate. My father and Atlas both said he was taking to being Luna well and helping Val with the hospital.
    My stomach churned at the thought of the impending doom hanging over my head. My fathers voice lingered, his words struck a nerve.
    "We think the daylight demons are trying to summon an old god. Ash is on our side, somehow. Amos evaded death, being as it wasn't his fault he didn't know who Anita was working with. Blair was shielding them perfectly, which should have been done in the first place."
    The thought of them gaining more power bittered my mouth. It would mean the end of the world as we know it. Again. I needed to ensure my mate and pack's safety and they were making it increasingly harder.
    "We're ready when you are, Syn" Rafer's voice pulled me out of my daze. I needed to be fully present here.
    "I think I'm ready, lead the way" I smiled at him and grabbed the stone twiddling with it before I followed him to the others.
    "It won't be too long of a run. It is best if the wolves shift, and the dragons take to the sky I believe. Humans find a ride" Paavo shifted and gave me a wolfy grin.
    "It'll be a long run, don't let this old wolf fool you. Not everyone has training like we do Rafer"
    What was this wolf's deal? My father was going to kill me for finding another Orsan to bring home. On the other hand I think my mate will like this kids' fire, and Atlas will throw a fit about it. Orsan and Ryder were enough drama for him most of the time.
    Davina took control and took in the sights around her. It was lush forests with the smell of the sea brushing past her fur. She liked the fact she was around other wolves like her, she didn't feel like an outcast anymore tearing up the forest floor with her paws.
    The woods felt different here, almost coated in magic. Just not the kind that made her want to turn her snout. It felt like deja vu, like we had been here before for many lifetimes. We finally felt like we belonged somewhere. We were no longer out of place, and I wanted to stay here forever.
    "How do you feel about meeting our grandparents?" Orsan sent me through the mind link.
    Davina huffed and continued on covering her paws with mud "I'm a bit nervous. For so long it was just me and my dad, plus his mother before she passed. Now I have you and now them?"
    "I know how you feel. It was me and my mom before we were separated. Being back here I'm starting to remember things. I remember how she looked, she looked like you."
    "I know the feeling. I feel like I belong here. I have never felt that way before. I feel like a walking freak show back home. A female alpha, and one my size at that?"
    "You're a good alpha Syn, don't forget that. I feel like I've been here before you know?"
    "I get the same feeling. I'm glad being here is getting your memory back. It is where we originate from you know"
    "I'm shocked your dad didn't want us to come, but now I don't want to go home. Maybe that's why"
    "From the way it sounded one of us may have to stay and lead the pack here. Orsan, I think you should do it."
    "But I'm still young, Syn. I could never lead a pack the way you do" Odin's wolf slowed and Davina huffed and slowed to match his pace
    "I was a mess at your age, if I can learn how to lead and get myself together I know for certain you can"
    Odin perked up and rubbed his body next to mine as a way to say thank you. Davina welcomed the advance and knocked into him. It may only have been a short time of having him in our lives but I loved the kid. I'd do anything to see him happy.
    After what felt like forever Rafer slowed down, signaling we were almost there. The dragons flew down and shifted back into their human forms, as much as I loved running I would have loved to see the forest from their view.
    I found a nearby stream and lapped up some water.  It was cool and refreshing, Davina couldn't get enough of it. Everyone else joined her, Paavo and Orsan fought in their wolf forms. Eventually they rolled into the stream covering themselves in mud dripping wet.
    "That's no way to meet your grandparents" Ryder laughed, hugging Clara who was blushing hard.
    Odin rolled his eyes and walked up to him, Ryder tried to run away but he couldn't avoid it. Odin shook off the water nailing his target. Clara stood off to the side with Alice dying of laughter.
    "Oh great. Good thing they aren't my in laws" Ryder groaned going to his bag to get new clothes out. "I will get payback for this, runt"
    Otr stood there amused by the sight, but not for long when he noticed Nissa in the stream bare of all clothing. His eyes went black and I couldn't help but feel amused at him picking her up and covering her body with his shirt.
    He thought me meeting Onyx was funny, but this was pure entertainment. I smiled at the thought of our families being linked now other than me and him being friends. Onyx would be happy he was no longer a 'threat'.
    "How's it going?" Amoura's voice popped into my head, my heart sunk at the fact I was starting to miss home.
    "It's going well. I'm going to meet my grandparents now. I'm sure my dad explained what happened here already"
    "He has, I'm excited for you. But Onyx and I are saying this now, you better come home wolf. I will come there and personally drag you across the ocean."
    "Does Atlas know his pregnant mate is trying to drag the alpha home?" I giggled through the link.
    "What he doesn't know can't kill him" she seemed amused "Lover boy said to tell you he misses you"
    "Tell him I miss him more, and I will be coming home. I promise" I closed my link and focused on the slow walk ahead.
    Rafer led us to an old bridge, it looked as if it hadn't been used in years. The wood was rotted and the stones that held it up looked like a jenga game gone wrong. I was surprised it was still standing.
Davina anxiously watched as Rafer waved his hand to reveal a large castle, ten times the size of ours back home. I thought ours had been excessive when it was built but this one blew it out of the water.
    The silver stone stood strong and it sparkled in the sunlight. It was held together by the lush green ivory overtaking it reaching the roof. It had overgrown the lattice that had been placed around the sides of the castle.
They had beautiful green grass and beautiful fruit trees and garden flowers scattered across the property. Large red rose bushes stood tall in front of the large door.
Like they were guarding the castle along with the guards standing post in the front. Even more stoic than mine were, Onyx would hate these ones more.
There was also a maze made out of large bushes that looked like it led to a shed. Probably like the one we had back home that held extra clothes for when you go on runs.
Beside the maze was a herb garden with some wolves picking them and a few others watering them. Alice found that area the most beautiful, according to her there were herbs that were hard to find covering the area. I promised that she and Clara would have the opportunity to check it out one day. They would never forgive me if I didn't let them.
    In the back beyond the castle, small homes, and a school sat. Across from the castle was a large training arena where some wolves were sparring. It had stands where some wolves were sitting and watching. They looked completely enamored with a few wolves standing up to egg the others on.
    My eyes shifted over to the small hospital beside the grounds. I wondered how often training here goes wrong. Back home we had specific orders in place to protect our members. Normally Atlas or I oversaw any large matches like they were having here. It was better safe than sorry, I didn't want my pack members ripping each other to sheds.
    I guess being half wolf made training different. They seemed to rely more on their wolves even in their human form. You could tell they had a primal or animalistic technique even from where I was standing. What scared me the most was that there were no wolves there to stop it if the fight went too far.
    Rafer tugged on a black t-shirt and jeans that were hidden behind an apple tree. His sandy colored hair lightly brushed his eyebrows. His chiseled jaw and toned muscles made him look like any of the girls back home's dream mate.
He had a long scar across his chest, leading down to his torso. You could tell it was older but didn't heal correctly. It was jagged and sloppy showing that whoever did it didn't know what they were doing. My gaze left him and towards their packlands again. It was a scene right out of the movies.
Where the old bridge stood solid one in its place, they must use that one to cover what is actually there. It was like what Blair was doing for my own pack. I wondered if they had witches living with them as well.
Rafer hurried us through the curtain and when we walked through he closed it. I shivered at the thought of being out there alone and unprotected. With Anita and Ash knowing where we were going I was worried about being followed here.
"Syn are you ready to meet them?" Nissa walked up beside me, her hand linked with Otr's.
"I think so, I'm a bit nervous though" I shifted uncomfortably and looked at Orsan who was walking alongside Paavo.
We made our way to the front door and my heart stopped when I heard the twist of the knob. Time felt like it was slowing and I was watching everything in slow motion. The world was tipping off its axis and going out of orbit. 
I was going to meet the family I never even knew I had. They didn't have any clue that me and Orsan even existed. Their two daughters produced them two rightful heirs to their pack and they didn't even know it.
When the door opened it revealed two older looking wolves, for being in their 60s they looked like they were in their mid 40s at most. Wolves age slower than most after they hit 25. Luckily since Orsan is my mate and bears my mark he gained the ability to live longer than an average human.
The old man had dark hair, with silver strands peaking out. He had small smile lines around his mouth standing out against his hard features. In contrast his brown eyes showed kindness and compassion. They looked as if they had lived a thousand lives, but lit up when he saw us. His powder blue suit complemented his skin tone and showed off his still muscular build.
To his left stood a shorter woman who had a bright smile plastered across her face. Her features were softer, making her green eyes stand out more. She looked like a spitting image of my mother. Her lighter brown hair was pulled loosely into a braid with strands threatening to break free from it if she moved around too much.
"Hello Syn, Orsan" The man said, "My name is Elof and this is Ylwa. We're your grandparents on your mothers side" His voice was deep but oddly familiar, like I had heard it everyday of my life.
Onyx
    I smiled like a giddy school boy at the fact Syn said she missed me. It felt empty here without her. I was slightly jealous that Amoura got to talk to her whenever she wanted, but once I was officially made Luna I would have the mind link. It's one of the last steps in becoming a part of this pack.
    "Are they on their way to meet her grandparents?" Atlas asked Amoura sitting down beside us on the couch.
    "Yeah, she's a bit irritated that her dad didn't tell her he had been there before." she shrugged, eating another bite of ice cream.
    "We all know why, he didn't want her to be curious. Babe we all know how young Syn was. A straight up monster, she would have ran away to them instead of Otr if she knew they existed"
    "Not to mention they could have taken her from Evander if they knew about her. It was best for his pack and I respect him for not telling them about each other" Ezra came into the room with Val following closely.
    "I heard Otr found his mate, a she wolf named Nissa." Val smiled at me and winked, it eased my nerves knowing that dragon found who he belonged to and would leave my mate alone.
    "So we must all be getting our happy endings then" I smiled back at her, thank you Val for the intel.
    "OH another thing, Atlas there may or may not be another Orsan" She smirked at Amoura who started laughing at his face.
    "Another one?" He gaped "Ryder was enough, Orsan and Ryder were more than enough. Now we have another young pup like them? I do not envy Syn right now" He rubbed his temple "Tell me they aren't bringing him here when they come back"
    "Syn said she didn't know." Val grabbed a blanket from the side table and cuddled up next to Ezra.
    "You know maybe Evander didn't tell them so that he could hide her from everyone outside of the pack. I've always heard rumors of his and Cleo's last conversation before Syn was born." Atlas broke the silence that was enveloping us
    "Do you think she knew she was going to be killed?" Amoura asked innocently, trying to not cause an uproar.
    "I don't really know. I know he was trying to protect his daughter and hiding her away from everyone may have been her only choice"
    "Cleo knew what was to come if she had my child. She knew they would come after her. She and her sister were held captive there. I rescued her but couldn't save her sister. It kills me everyday" Evander came out from his office and joined us.
    "Is her sister still alive? I knew she had to have been given Orsan, but after that?" I asked him
    "I don't know. She asked me to keep Syn hidden till she knew about her true self as Cleo called it. I went there to deliver the news about her death, they were heartbroken but knew I made her happy as her mate" Evanders eyes welled with tears
    After a few moments he continued "I only hid her because Cleo knew if anyone outside of this pack knew about what she was they would be in danger. I played it off as if Syn was born brain dead to anyone who remembered Cleo being pregnant. I hoped silently that the daylight demons would leave her alone. I should have known better and kept her hidden better. They wouldn't be after her right now If I would have"
    "They obviously have always known Evander, it wasn't your fault. They knew you had taken her mom from them. There was no way to keep them at bay, if they knew there was a chance she was a true wolf. I heard not every offspring gets the gifts, Onyx being used as a pawn proves that they were trying to see and they got their confirmation from using Ash." Amoura went up and hugged him "It isn't your fault, alpha"
    "Oh stop you, I'm no longer alpha, just an old wolf with knowledge" He chuckled "But thank you. Pregnancy has done you well"
    "Don't think I won't challenge you if you cross me" She teased him and came back over to Atlas "Onyx it isn't your fault. You were bound to find her, look at your wolves. They played with her when you were younger, you were going to run after a while"
    "Thank you, Aura. It doesn't make me feel any better knowing if I wouldn't have come along you all would be safe and the demons wouldn't be coming after her blood. You all know this"
    "Out of everyone, Onyx I'm glad you're her mate. You keep my girl steady and as a father of a powerful wolf that's all I could ever ask for" Evander got up and shook my head.
    We all watched in sorrow as he got up and went back into his office "They'll be home soon, and will be bringing Rafer. Atlas, Onyx, have the extra rooms set up for them as I do not know how long they will be staying"
    "Well boys, let's go. We have work to do" Amoura stood up and waddled her way down another hallway leading to the guest wing of the castle "Hurry up the cobwebs aren't going to dust themselves"

AUTHORS NOTE:
I apologize for the late update, yet again. I had Covid for the SECOND time and I've been quite honestly wishing for someone to end it. My lungs are still not recovered but hey I got to write some chapters ((: