Chapter Twelve

Onyx
    I anxiously waited for Syn to come down the stairs, I could hear them giggling and crying from the living room. It took everything to not run to her and ensure she was okay.
    Atlas and Ryder had woken me up before Syn and dragged me to a very intense workout and bonding session. Ezra came later on after he had training with his warriors. I had borrowed one of his suits, it apparently matched my mate's dress perfectly.
    The jacket and pants were a deep green color with a cream colored dress shirt. They matched it with black dress shoes and golden cufflinks. They had shown me how to gel my hair so that the messy parts stayed in place, it was literal magic. I was anxious how Syn would react to me being dressed like this.
    Evander tapped my shoulder and pointed to the top of the stairs, and there she was. My Syn, mine. Her eyes met mine, causing her cheeks to redden deeper than the blush that was lightly placed on her skin. Her hair flowed in waves down her back and a crown made of flowers sat atop her head. She braced herself on the railing, I assumed because of the gold heels on her feet.
    She looked like a baby deer and not the strong alpha that I had come to know. I anxiously waited for her to make it to me. When she did I grabbed her face, and gently kissed her lips. Her body melted into mine and my hand drifted to her waist pulling her in closer.
    "Hey! Loverboy! Don't ruin my masterpiece!" Amoura hit the back of my head and huffed
    "Alright, alright. I apologize, she's just stunning. A goddess really" I smiled at her playing with a loose strand of hair.
    Evander coughed and grabbed his wife's hand. "My daughter, you look beautiful. Just as beautiful as your mother did"
    Syn broke my gaze and went to her father hugging him and then Alice "Thank you all for this. Let's make it a night they won't forget"
    "Onyx you come with me, you will see her again on stage" Evander smiled at me, proud of his daughter no doubt.
    I followed him to his office where he poured each of us men a glass of whiskey. I gladly took it trying to calm my nerves. It took a few more glasses to even touch the feeling that I had. By the time we made it out of the house I was slightly tipsy and the guys laughed at me being a lightweight.
    I stood on the stage to the left of Evander and waited for Syn to come from her side of the stage. Evander introduced me to the pack as their rightful luna, their alpha's true mate. The cheers sent chills down my spine. I was proud to be their luna whatever it took.
    "Now to introduce you to someone you already know, your alpha! Syn" Evander clapped and the pack howled in response.
    She waved at them and walked towards me grabbing my hands. "Welcome everyone! This is an exciting night for us all, despite recent events. Tonight we celebrate your Alpha finding the other half of her soul!"
    "Tonight he also promises to love her, and be by her side through anything our world projects onto them!" Evander caused the crowd to go wild "So dear Onyx, do you promise to accept Syn as your true mate as she is and as she is to become? To love and protect till your very last breath? To hold in times of uncertainty? To help lead this pack?"
    "I do" I looked at Syn whose smile was plastered across her face and she tossed a loose strand of hair out of her face.
    "Now Syn, do you promise to accept Onyx as he is and as he is to come? To love and protect till your very last breath? To hold in times of uncertainty? To help lead your pack once he is able to?"
    "I do" As she did Evander grabbed the knife Alice had presented him.
    It was a long silver blade with a lotus engraved into the blade. I assumed it was fully silver because he wore gloves when it was in his hands. He grabbed the bowl from Atlas and set it on the small podium table that was in front of us. He motioned for us to come to his side.
    Evander motioned for my hand, I nodded letting him know it was okay to proceed. He lightly ran the blade across my palm letting my blood drip into the bowl. I didn't even wince at the cut. The blade was so sharp I didn't feel it.
    He motioned for Syn's hand and proceeded to cut her palm the same way he did mine. However, she hissed at the burn from the silver touching her. I wanted to hug her and tell her it would be over soon but she was already healing.
    I watched as her hand dripped into the bowl mixing with my own. There was a surge of power that whipped through me. I didn't even notice Amoura had come on the stage and was bandaging my wound. My head was spinning as she finished, Orson had his eyes locked on mine when I looked up.
Evander then motioned for us to take center stage. He and the others ducked off and took their place in the stands. He gave Syn a nod and she looked towards me and offered her hand. She led us to the front of the stage and softly kissed my cheek. I cocked my head at her in confusion but decided to keep my own mouth shut in case I would ruin something. 
    She looked at me and whispered into my ear "I apologize if this hurts, my love"
I bared my neck to her, like Atlas had explained to me. Though it felt more like a second nature now especially after the promises we made tonight.
Her eyes glew red and her long canine fangs elongated, I winced at the sharpness of them. I stood my ground as she kissed the spot and braced myself for the pain. When she first broke the skin I felt a pinch, but then came the feeling of love and adoration.
    This feeling was more intense than our first kiss was by a longshot, on top of the power I felt surge through me earlier I felt like I couldn't stand any longer.
My body became jello as I held onto her for support. Syn withdrew her fangs and lapped up the blood pooling around her mark. I looked into her eyes and felt closer than ever before, we were one. Syn was mine to keep forever despite her already being engaged once before.
    I grabbed her hips and placed a kiss on her lips "I may be human, but let this kiss be my mark"
    She nodded and smiled up at me before turning her attention to the crowd. "Dinner is ready, let us celebrate. Tomorrow we will fight to get our people back. I promise you this!"
    The pack went wild, I felt more connected to them as well. They were my pack now too in a way. I couldn't wait to figure out what my jobs would be as her luna and how I could help the pack. Atlas said it's boring but I had always longed for a family and a place to belong. I found that in her, my Syn.
    We walked off stage holding hands when Orson ran up to us scowling at me "Onyx! You have to bite her too, right?"
    "Oh no, he doesn't have fangs. How can he?" Syn cocked her head sweetly and laced her hand into mine.
    "But my wolf feels his presence?" he was utterly confused and so was I at that point.
    "You feel him because I accepted him as my luna and partner. You'll feel him more when he becomes luna once he completes his training." She smiled and ruffled his hair. "He may not be a wolf but we can still sense their being. I would be worried if you couldn't feel more clearly now. You feel Clara don't you?"
    Orson bit his lip and thought about it "Yes we can feel her. I need to speak with you about something though." he looked towards me "Away from everyone else, please guys?"
    Syn told Alice we were stepping inside and she nodded at us, leading the guests to the garden where there were tables set for everyone. Some stragglers watched us as we entered what I now called home. They bowed their heads at me and I returned the motions. They smiled and waved at me and went to follow the main crowd as I ducked into the house with Syn and Orson.
    Syn led us to her office and sat down in her chair, allowing Orson and I to sit on the couch. Orson's eyes wandered around the room looking at the photos hung on the walls, stopping at the one of her mother and father when they became the alpha and luna. His eyes softened once he saw her, I wondered if the two sisters looked alike.
Syn noticed and hung her head for a few moments, I knew how she felt and it hurt. Losing a parent at any age was hard, but she didn't even get a chance to meet or learn from her mother. The only way she would ever know about her was through stories and I knew that wasn't the same. My pa did try with me but at a certain point we both gave up; it wasn't worth the heartache.
    "What's going on Orson?" she asked politely after a few moments.
    "I don't know why it keeps happening but everytime I touch someone I sense their biggest fear. Like Onyx, his is never finding out what happened to his grandfather and never seeing him again. Your's is letting down your pack, and failing at being a good alpha." Orson paused "It only started since I met her, but she had no wolf. I don't understand how that's possible."
    "The place you came from, it started then?" Syn looked at me then back at him "Most wolves lose their wolves if they have too much wolfsbane in their system. You had enough to completely lose yours forever, Orson"
    "I know, that's what that lady told me" he shrugged "So do you think she lost hers forever and we'll never have a bond?'
    "Look at me and Syn, I have no wolf yet we have a bond." I felt sorry for him, he was so young. I couldn't imagine losing Syn at this point.
    "We would need to find her first, are you sure you have no idea where you were?" Syn came to the front of the desk and leaned to his level "I would be able to help her more then and it would help calm your wolf. I know Alice has been working on your memory. I think I may have an idea if you'll let me?"
    He nodded at her, seeming to want to try anything to rescue his mate at this point. Syn being gone for two weeks felt like hell to me and I didn't feel like I could make it. He hadn't seen her for longer than that now and he didn't even know if she truly belonged to him in the first place. My heart ached for the young boy, he didn't deserve that pain.
I watched as Orson's eyes grew red like Syn's, their bodies became tense as their eyes met. It was like their wolves were communicating in a different way unlike just mindlinking, which was interesting enough as is.
Neither one of them could look away and their eyes grew brighter with each passing second. They were becoming a silent time bomb waiting to explode and cover the office with their blood and bones.
Their souls were connecting on a much deeper level than anyone would ever understand, and I was able to witness it. I would never be able to explain this to anyone, the power that was radiating off of their bodies seeped out and slapped my face. You could even feel the temperature rising in the enclosed space.
    "We will find it. I will have Bane look for any buildings that look like that, even if we have to search for years we will find her. Davina knows what's at risk."
    "What are we Syn? We are different from the others and you know it" Orson raised his voice slightly out of frustration.
    "I am not sure, but I know our mates" she looked at me "Are in more danger than before. They will want them because they know we would do anything for them. Even if it meant sacrificing ourselves to keep them safe"
    We stayed in her office for a few more moments as she connected with Bane to let him know what he was looking for. She told him that witches could be safe guarding it and not to engage in a fight. They were to contact her the second they found it so they could create a plan of action.
    She was going to send more warriors to assist Bane and debated which of her in command would be sent to lead them. Atlas would be trickier to send since Amoura was progressing in her pregnancy faster than they anticipated. I was told by Clara that it was either the stress pushing the pregnancy or she could be having twins.
    It was dangerous to send him with her already in that state so it was going to be between Ryder and Ezra. Clara and Val both would be nervous wrecks but it would be better than having to handle potentially two premature wolves. My gut was telling me that Ezra would be the best fit, but we needed him here to protect the homefront.
    I wondered what she meant by she would sacrifice herself for me. She would never have to do that because I would for her. She needed to live on for this pack they needed her. They wouldn't survive without her here, they could live without me. They had been fine before I came along.