Chapter Fifteen

Syn
    Davina was beyond angry at everyone in the house. She did not appreciate the fact that they had all hid her identity from her. It would have been better if they were just honest from the get go once she gained her wolf and grew at an accelerated rate. We had gone through so much because we were different. It wasn't fair.
    By the time my dad dug out the journal it was night out so I slipped away to sleep before I started my journey of self discovery. I hadn't seen much of Onyx after my run so I hoped to catch him early in the morning.
    When I got back into my room I placed the journals under my pillow for safekeeping and noticed a t-shirt that belonged to my mate on my bed. There was a note there that said *For syn, so you don't feel alone at night*  My heart skipped and I threw off my other clothes to put on this one. I didn't want to disturb him so I slept in my own room that night. It was nice to still have my own space.
    I woke up to my alarm going off on full volume, causing me to jump out of my skin and out of bed. I needed to do a proper send off to my delta and his warriors he had chosen. My heart broke when I saw Val crying and hugging him goodbye. I knew without a doubt that he would make his return and find out where my pack members were being held
    "I feel so guilty doing this to you guys" I walked up and gave them both big hugs and started to cry with them.
    "We know, which is why you make a great alpha. You'll be fine without me right?" Ezra hugged me back and nodded understandingly
    "I know it doesn't make this any easier though" I wiped away the pools of tears needing to stay strong for him and Val.
    "No but I'm glad you and Onyx trust me enough to do this. We'll be alright. I know my job there." Ezra smiled and kissed the top of Val's head.
    "We do" Onyx hugged me from behind and rested his chin on my head. My heart fluttered and a smile crept to my lips.
    "We should get going Delta Ezra" a warrior walked up to us and pointed to the group ready to leave.
    I hugged Val as he shifted and kissed her hand goodbye, we watched as they tore into the woods. Her body was wracked with sobs as we returned home. She didn't say a word once we got inside and went to her room. My heart hurt for her, I didn't want to see her like this but he needed to go.
    I decided to take the rest of the day to myself to relax, I found myself by one of the lakes in my wolf form. I let Davina run around for awhile and hunt some deer that were nearby. As an alpha it was good for me to decompress as needed especially in this situation.
    "I thought I'd find you here" Atlas linked me and trotted beside me knocking into me.
    "Yeah, I feel bad" Davina laid down and put her head on her paws looking out into the distance.
    "You know you had to, Syn. As an alpha you have to make those hard decisions. I had to while you were on your little hiatus" He huffed into my ear trying to irritate  Davina.
    "I know. I just hate separating mates like that. I couldn't imagine being away from Onyx now"
    "Yeah well you're an alpha, you have to make those calls. We all trust you and your judgments for our pack. Don't doubt yourself"
    I nodded at him, cutting off the link so I could think. He eventually got into the lake and splashed at me. I growled which caused  him to do more and that's when everyone else came up. I internally groaned not wanting to deal with people at this particular moment in time.
    "How dare you not invite us to a lake party!" Clara scolded me, setting out a towel on the edge so her and Amoura could sit.
    I rolled my eyes at her and put my head down on my paws again. I didn't want this type of company at all. Davina started to get a bit more irritated and debated on going after Bane and helping him attack the daylight demons. Onyx seemed to notice it and came up to her smiling.
    "Come on, love. Let's have a movie night, why don't we?" Onyx bent down to pet me and I melted into his touch.
    Davina debated on what to do but ultimately decided to not fight him and followed him into the house. I shifted back once I was in my room and threw on a huge hoodie and some cotton shorts. I scowled at my reflection, my eyes were dull with black circles. My cheeks were sunken in and my skin was paled, I needed to get some sleep so they could have color again.
I looked down at my outfit again and thought about changing. However if I was going to eat my feelings I was going to do it comfortably. I tore my eyes away from the mirror deciding that this was the best option.
By the time I made it downstairs they had all put on a movie and Val was lying beside Clara with her head in her lap. Her cheeks were tear stained and she was slowly starting to fall asleep while Clara played with her hair.
My heart instantly fell into my stomach and I contacted Ezra "You will be back in a week. Got it?"
"I thought you wanted me to come back when I found something" He linked back
"I thought so too, the warriors can stay. Leave your second in charge and come back to see Val. Her wolf isn't taking this well" the link started to cut off but came back.
"Understood alpha. See you next week"
"Are you guys alright?" I sent back hoping for a good response
"We ran into some witches, don't worry we were okay" you could hear his ego in the link. I laughed in my head and shut off the link.
    "I'm sorry Val. He'll be back in a week I promise" I kissed her forehead and sat on the opposite side of Clara. Onyx soon followed and sat down beside me placing my legs across his lap.
    "What should we watch?" Ryder took the remote from Atlas "No old man movies"
    "They're classics!" Atlas tried to take the remote back from him. We were lucky that we even had movies to watch, and it was all thanks to my delta female.
    "Val should choose" Clara piped in still comforting Val in her lap. She had seemed to calm down a bit more now that I was here.
I wasn't her mate but being her alpha I could help her have a feeling of security. Onyx can do the same now as their luna which made me happy. He even had done it already when I was gone.
    "No you guys choose, I just want to be with you guys right now. I don't want to be alone. But also no romance please"
    Ryder nodded and decided to put on some coming of age movie causing us all to laugh at how different we were then. Being a teenager was difficult but trying to control a wolf on top of that? Impossible to make it out unscathed.
We all had almost died multiple times throughout it. Ryder and Atlas took the opportunity to tell some of my secrets and embarrassing stories like I did with them when they first met their mates.
    "Do you remember that one time Syn decided to climb that tree off fae potion and was convinced she'd be able to fly?" Ryder was crso hard his stomach was cramping.
    "Yes! 'I believe I can flyyyyyy' till she actually jumped off the tree. I've never been more scared in my life. Ev would have murdered us all if something happened to her" Atlas laughed and joined in
    "Thankfully for us, Otr swooped in at the right moment" I added "If not you three would have been dog food!"
    The wolves spun their heads around and squinted their eyes at me "Not for you three. You all are on a raw diet"
    They seemed to approve because they turned their heads back and fell asleep again. Onyx turned to me and smirked "Oh so Otr saved you didn't he?"
    "Yeah, after that whole thing I quit fae potion forever" they boys nodded in agreement, things changed after Ryder overdid it.
It wasn't a fun thing anymore for us, becoming the leaders of the pack truly changed us, we learned that we needed to be someone the pups could look up to and trust to lead them. We hoped to one day be better than the ones who came before us, which included my own father and Atlas's as well.
Ryder and Ezra had gone to school with us and that's how they each became my delta and gamma. Alpha's and Beta's have lineage, but they got to choose who else would lead with them. Ryder proved to be the best option for being the gamma, and Ezra was at the top of his class when it came to warrior training.
    That hadn't surprised me much at the time. He had delta blood in his veins because his own great grandfather was my great grandfather's delta. His family had always been respected because of that. It was a full circle moment for the whole pack, now I could just hope that our kids would all be the pack's future leaders.
    Onyx pulled me out of my thoughts by asking "Why?" causing the boys and I to all look at each other.
    "I almost died the last time I did it." Ryder looked back at him, seeming slightly distraught by the memory.
    "In your defense it was stronger stuff than we normally got. We didn't know our limits yet." Amoura smiled at him trying to calm him down a bit.
She and Atlas were still becoming comfortable with being mates. They had a bit of a rough start at the beginning. He didn't want to have a mate, he liked being free to be the off limits beta. I invited her that night after finding out what he was doing to her. It didn't go as planned obviously, however she covered for all of us. That's when I knew she thrived as my second right hand. She didn't have any reason to be loyal to me other than me being her future alpha and she did.
    "I know. I swear if any of our pups go near that stuff they will be dead. I don't care if I have to put them in silver chains" Ryder joked but part of it seemed serious.
         "I agree, does locking them in the dungen work for you all? Because it works for me." Atlas chimed in laughing at him
    "Me too, I do not want to hear them moaning about how they feel like death once they come down" I rolled my eyes remembering how bad that feeling was.
     "If it was that bad I suppose I will help you chain the pups down. Amoura better tell that little wolf now" Onyx teased her, she gave him a playful growl and started laughing.
    Orson walked into the room with Jade, she looked happier than I had ever seen her.
    "What's going on guys?" Atlas looked at them quizzically
    "Well I know that I thought I had a mate at the facility, but her wolf was dead like you suggested. Do you think that Jade could be my wolf's second chance? I know that it's rare" Orson blabbered on and on.
    "You know that is highly unlikely though right? That hasn't happened in centuries?" Ryder piped in voicing his own thoughts.
    "I know, but it is possible," Orson argued, grabbing Jade's hand. "My wolf recognizes her as his mate."
    "Is this true?" I asked Jade. I needed to see if she would lie to me and if she tried to I would use my command. Why am I using it so much lately? Am I losing control of my pack?
    "I think so, I just don't understand. In wolf history we learned that in order to have a second mate though rare your first mate has to die. Would her wolf dying make it so she's dead?"
    "In a way, yes. If a werewolf loses their wolf it makes them human. However some wolves go mad and end up dying from self-inflicted wounds" Clara shrugged "Did you feel your connection with her sever?"
    "I never truly felt a connection, we recognized her as our mate but she didn't feel that bond. It was weak, do you think she's dead?" A tear slipped out of Orson's eye and he looked at me sadly.
    "Oh Orson, I don't know. We're going to figure this out, hopefully Bane and Ezra can find the camp. When they do you are to stay here and protect the pack okay? We need one of us here" I winked at him. He was special.
    He nodded "I would do anything for her"
    Jade blushed "I kind of knew we were mates when he first got here. My wolf went wild once she caught his scent. It took him long enough to realize who I was"
    "Well he did have enough wolfsbane in his system to kill a wolf like you" Amoura snarled. "So don't think it was his fault. He went through a lot"
    I smiled at her and nodded my head. Her being pregnant has made her extra protective of Orson. She and the others had started teaching him and Onyx how our society worked now. What happened in our past and where we plan to go.
    "Babe it's okay, she didn't mean it like that" Atlas stroked her hair and immediately her fangs retracted.
    "How about that movie now guys?" Onyx coughed, pulling my attention back to him.
    "Yeah I kinda need a good distraction from my mate being gone and this isn't helping" Val rolled her eyes and put on another movie.
    We all settled in and I remember two people fighting on the screen before the sound of Onyx's heartbeat lulled me to sleep. I was in complete bliss at that moment, I had everyone but my delta here. I missed him a lot, probably as much as his mate did.
    By the time we all woke up the next morning Clara was yelling about cleaning the place because it looked like "a war zone". Amoura sat beside me watching her yell at the boys to clean.
    "Um, what's going on?" I asked her while watching my gamma female boss around everyone in the house.
    "Ryder got word from Ezra that they found her brother. He doesn't look good though." her hands rested on her stomach "There was a small wolf with him. I think her name is Gia"
    "He found his mate and didn't come back? Does she know?" Ryder wiped down the counter in the kitchen and shot me a look.
    "No, she also doesn't know he's hurt. So hush. The doctor should be here soon, Jane's brother is bringing him back"
    "I think they're close. I feel it. Do they smell magic on them?" I asked her trying to piece it together.
    "Kind of, they looked like Orsan when he got here. Ezra said they smelt like him when he first got here though" Clara ran up the stairs with a vacuum yelling at Val to help her.
    "When will they be here Ryder?" My voice was stern and Davina wanted to push to the surface again.
    "Soon, they also don't have markings. Atlas already had them ask, Otr is personally bringing them back with Jane's brother. He said they may have found something but he isn't sure."
    "Found what exactly?" I pushed for answers
    "He thinks he found their hideout. Ezra is headed there now under my permission since you were knocked out for 10 hours" Atlas rolled his eyes
    "You do have authority to do that, beta. Don't give me an explanation for you doing your job" I smiled at him "Next time wake me up though so we can both plan a course of action"
    "Actually, I helped. Otr noticed a blindspot on the northern part of what seems to be a border. They split into two groups, one to find any survivors and one to scout it out" Onyx came out from the hallway.
    "Did they find any more of them?" my heart rate accelerated and the world started spinning.
    "Not yet, alpha. They're looking" Onyx kissed my forehead and pulled me into a hug. Davina purred in my head as I rested my head on his chest hearing his heartbeat.
    I closed my eyes and focused on the drumming of his own beat. Budum, budum, budum. I wished I could stay here forever, he brought me peace no one else could.
    "Bane said thank you as well. They haven't had anyone else taken since they got their own boundary spell from Alice" Atlas shrugged
    "Oh she did that already?" my eyes squinted at the light "I knew she was going to but I didn't know it was that soon"
    "Well actually she sent her aunt Jade to do it. Speaking of which they should be coming back soon. Lumen had some sort of witchy check up" Ryder shrugged and went to find his mate.
    "Dad meet me in my office" I shot through the mind link, his wall was up but I kept pushing it till it came down.
**AN**
Hello! It's me, again! I have a couple things!
I'm thinking about uploading 2-3 chapters (depending on how much I get to write) anywhere on Thursdays or Fridays.
BUT!! I do want to know if you want more mature/smut scenes? As much as I'm loving creating my own world, and the main plot I want to add it in! So here's some ideas:
1. I don't include it
2. I do warnings in the book before and then after ⚠️⚠️⚠️ MATURE SCENE ⚠️⚠️⚠️like this)
3. Or I could take the smut out here and put it in it's own "book" on my profile and tell you when to flip to the other "book" if you want to read it and do a censored version here!
I've seen it done all three ways I just want to know what you guys want.
As always with love, Nicc🤍🐺