Chapter Four

Syn
    It felt like my heart was ripped out of my chest and once she could Davina tore through the woods trying to avoid everyone trying to tell me it was okay. It wasn't okay, it was far from it. My own mate stabbed me and that conniving little witch is still with him. He looks at her how he should look at me.  That's what hurts the most.
    I beat everyone home and rushed to avoid their thempathetic faces and words that would mean nothing to me right now. I know they all mean well but this is something they can't fix for me and Vina. Here's to hoping that Alice confirms he is not my mate and the witch is using him to have her family be able to stay here.
    My father and grandfather both made major treaties, some that I don't even know about still before I was born and before the uprising. Treaties are either null and void or turned into a blood pact, because they never really worked in the first place.
    My father however did not recognize her scent or the coven that she was from. Which made us all feel uneasy with them being here. We needed to be careful in case they were the ones kidnapping our people, they could be dangerous and we needed to have them think we were clueless. That way we can investigate a little closer. I however want them all gone, including Onyx. I have Bane and he will make a good choice mate. Maybe. It's my only choice to keep my people safe.
    I was a blubbering mess in the shower when I heard scratching outside of my door. I scowled at the attempt to get my attention and chose to ignore it.
    "Would you please open the door? These wolves are driving us insane!" Ryder linked me, and that changed my whole mood.
    "They followed?" I sent back
    "Yeah, Alice has some news. So does your dad." He replied
    Great more wolves and I'm being summoned. I'm an alpha, I should be the one summoning people. I reluctantly got out of the shower and threw on comfortable clothes. If I was leaving this room I'm going to be a mess since I hadn't processed anything yet.
    I walked into the kitchen where everyone, including Onyx's wolves, sat waiting for me. Why does this keep happening lately? He's made everything so much more complicated.
    "Ah my sweet red eyes, come sit. I have news!" Alice said happily, a little too happily for my taste at the moment.
    "What?" I asked, feeling irritated. I had so many other things to do than to deal with this.
    "He's your true mate. I took down her spells, all except her barrier spell to keep him from feeling suspicious. The way Davina reacted to him, and the way he reacted to the both of you proved it. I know we said we needed to go there to figure out who he was and how he was there and the coven has been here" She looked at me with a sympathetic face "But I needed to see the raw reaction without spells around. I channeled again, and I could see you both being together, as mates"
    I gaped at her and peered over at my father. He looked back and shook his head.
    "I take that, what you said wasn't all of it?" I sat up straight in the chair and held my head high.
    "No my dear it's not. No coven has been approved to live here. Except for mine, the one I chose to leave. Meaning they've been hiding from all of us" She looked angry which is an emotion she rarely displays "Him and his grandfather do, they have a blood treaty."
"A blood treaty with a human?" I shouted "Who in their right mind would do that?"
"Your grandfather did. The night before the uprising." My dad looked at me with a solemn face "I think he knew what was going to happen. It was for him and any blood relative." he gave me the "there is more to this" look. Great.
"I think Ash and her family somehow knew this. Though he has my magic around him, and I'm not sure why he does if he  has you to protect him" Alice was confused, not good.
"How do you not remember?" Atlas asked "Don't witches know their own spells?"
"They do, but they'll recognize their coven's magic as their own. It leaves a trail, like our pack's scent does" Clara explained to them all.
"So you think his grandfather knew and wanted not only one form of protection but two? How important is this man child?" I wondered out loud.
"He's your mate, so very important" Ezra stated, pulling me from my thoughts.
"I pulled down all her spells, simple really. But now if she has a hold on him like we thought, it will be no more" Alice gave me a cunning smile.
Well then.