Chapter Fourteen

Onyx
    I left Syn to go help Clara with the training session but by the time I got there the teens were already complaining about my "punishment". I didn't think making them do community service was that big of a deal but they did.
    "I can't believe he's making us do this" Jacobi groaned while stretching out before their session began.
    "I know, it's annoying. But it's better than what alpha would have had us do so he saved our asses back there" Isa tried to defend me.
    "You know he isn't that bad once you get to know him. He's a natural born leader" Jane growled at them "You shouldn't disrespect him like that"
    "She's right. He may be human but you do not want to make him mad. Syn has done it before. It's not a pretty sight" Orson laughed
    "Why do you get to call her Syn? You aren't a ranked wolf" Isa scoffed
    "Because mutt, there are things you or I do not understand. Just know I deserve the same amount of respect that she gets. You have no idea" His eyes went red and he let out a low grumble. You could tell his wolf was getting the best of him.
    I decided to come out of my hiding spot "He's right you know. I wouldn't want to anger me either. As for my mate and Orson it is none of your concern as of yet. I would appreciate if you brought the matter up to Syn or me if you have a concern or complaint"
    I walked away to set up the weapons table, annoyed with how the teens were acting. I know I didn't get to be a teen like them but I didn't think I would act like that towards an adult. Maybe I would have though, who knows. I needed to talk to Syn about working with their parents, the kids needed to realize that how they acted had more consequences.
    From the books I was given I had learned that if Syn wanted to she could force them to leave the pack. It was done more often when human ruled society letting them lead a human life. On the other hand now, especially their wolf would become mad without their pack, banishment was a death sentence. I didn't think she had the heart to do that to her pups.
    I spent the rest of the afternoon with the large group of teens working on knife safety and how to fight with one if needed. I had learned that sometimes their wolf at this age can get "stuck" causing them to not have the shifting abilities. Most found this irritating because they thought they were above that. However Jane spoke up about how after her first shift her wolf got stuck.
    Orson also brought up the fact you never know when someone will be able to take away your wolf. I was surprised that he opened up to everyone in that way, even speaking of his mate that did not have a wolf but was one. The students responded differently after that which made them excited to learn about different kinds of weapons.
    I finished out and let Clara leave to be with Ryder, even though he wasn't leaving he would be busier now with Ezra being gone. I knew I made the right choice in making him go, but I still felt guilty. I couldn't imagine letting Syn go off to find some place where other wolves are being hidden. On top of the fact we knew that they were working with witches.
    "Do you think that Ezra will be okay?" Orson came up to assist with cleaning up, I let everyone go since it was beginning to rain.
    "I believe so, he's a remarkable warrior. You've seen him fight haven't you?" I handed him another blade to wipe off.
    "Yeah but still, he doesn't know what he's up against. I'm just worried he won't come back. I only escaped because I had help. What if he doesn't?"
    "I suppose you are right. We don't know what will happen, but we need to trust he will be okay. You feel his connection right?"
    "I do, I just feel bad for his mate" he trailed off and shook his head
    "How do you feel their pack connection? I meant to ask Syn about that, you weren't accepted into the pack?"
    "You know that Syn's mom and mine were sisters right?" He stopped and leaned against a chair, I nodded, getting more curious.
    "Well my mother had been accepted. When she had me she was still connected to this pack, passing that down to me. I have always belonged here. I just didn't know it."
    "How did you find it then? After you escaped, that is?"
    "I spent a few weeks wandering around. I kept having weird dreams about this place. I saw Syn, the castle, Evander, and even Alice. I felt more and more connected to my cousin the closer I got to her. My wolf stirred as I reached her here, I knew before the doctor confirmed it that we were related" He admitted
    "How?" I asked him
    "I knew because the lady that helped me leave used to give me colored contacts to hide my true eye color when shifted. She used to tell me that I was a son of Fenrir, I didn't believe it till I met syn"
    "Who's that?"
    "He's the son of the norse god Loki and Angrboda the giantess. Before he was chained up with unbreakable chains created by dwarves he had two sons Hati and Skoll, thus creating the werewolf species."
    "How do you know this and you didn't tell anyone? Is that what Evander and everyone else are hiding? You both are direct descendants from him? How are there other wolves then? Why are you special?"
    "Our blood line is less muddled, everyone else just gets the wolf gene. We are quite literally half wolf which makes us stronger. It makes us faster, larger, gives us our red eyes and abilities. I only just started remembering more though, should we talk to Syn about this?"
    "Oh I've heard enough, the old wolf is dead!" Syn yelled and headed back to the house.
    "Well at least we didn't have to break the news to her, I'm just glad she's not trying to kill us" Orson shrugged
    "Oh I'm coming for you both next, I have a thing to take care of currently. Shall I pencil you both in after my appointment to murder my father?"
    Orson and I both sat there stunned for awhile but decided to hide out while she first got inside. Seeing her wrath first hand out here it was best we weren't accomplesses to the murder.
    "Why is your wolf named Odin then? Didn't he hate Loki's children? I know a bit about Norse mythology I think"
    "In my opinion? Some sick joke, honestly. Should we go inside? Just to see if my uncle is still alive and not to watch Syn rip him apart of course."
    I looked to the house and back at him "Yeah, I probably should go see if the female wolves are right, apparently I can calm her down when she gets like this."
    "Oh good luck cuzzo, did you see her face? The fact she was throwing her hair into a low bun? She means to make war" He laughed as we walked inside.
    The sight in the house was like no other. Syn had single handedly broken any piece of furniture in the house. Atlas and Ryder were slowly trying to fix it while avoiding the cross fire.
    "You didn't even have the balls to tell me what I was? I'm part wolf, I don't just 'have the gene' like everyone else? You're kidding me dad. You didn't think that would help?" She threw a lamp at Evanders head, he didn't even flinch when it zoomed past him.
    "You heard Alice's mother! Meeting your mate woke up more than you realize! You quite literally have the world's largest bounty on your head now!" Evander growled "You are like everyone else Syn, you always have been"
    "No I am not, my size? Do you know how much Davina caused me to be made fun of? I was stronger than any other males in my class! No one except for Otr ever wanted me romantically till Onyx came along!"
    "I know. I know. I just thought that if you didn't know you would be safer than what you are now. If they know what you are, especially since that young witch saw your eyes and knows you are mated to Onyx this pack is in even more danger"
    "Why are they taking Bane's wolves then? He isn't connected to me in any way other than his and my beta's blood pact!" She threw her office chair out of the room, nearly hitting me in the process.
    I stood there stunned outside of the office doorway, she hadn't yet noticed us yet and I feared for when she did.
    "I don't know why! I don't know how they didn't find out what Onyx was when they were taking his blood" Evander looked at me and back at her "We need to find out what they're using wolf blood for and how they hid Orson's true nature"
    "Do you think the witch that helped him escape would know? Obviously she knew what he was and kept him safe dad"
    "Let Bane know who he's looking for so he keeps her alive if anything happens. She obviously knows what is happening if she kept him safe." Evander looked anxious for Syn "Promise me you won't do anything rash."
    "Other than planning your funeral I don't know what I intend to do" Syn growled and eyed Alice who was sitting just outside of the line of fire "Why didn't you or anyone tell me about this? How could you of all people keep this from me"
    "Your father made me promise I would leave it alone, that he would tell you when you became of age. Syn he wanted to keep you safe, I promise" Alice attempted to control the now enraged beast.
    "You should have told me, I should know about where I came from and what I am. I needed to know that I wasn't some defected wolf like I thought. You became my mother, Alice. You broke my trust by not telling me"
    "Do not speak to her that way, Syn. I used MY alpha command on her. Obviously the universe wanted you to know now otherwise we wouldn't be talking about this." Evander defended his wife to the best of his ability.
    "How dare you use that on your own wife! That is messed up on a whole other level, however we have more important things to handle now. I'm putting a pin in that one." Davina started to push through more, her tone went deeper and she sounded almost possessed.
    "I apologize Syn, but you didn't need to know till I knew for sure you were going to have other abilities. I should have known when you started literally feeling other peoples' feelings, meeting Onyx caused them to grow and I can see that now."
    "That doesn't explain why Ash and her coven hid his records" Davina had taken full control at this point, I pushed Orson behind me in case there was an actual blood bath.
    "I think they knew who he was going to belong to, they must have known all along. Some witches have the gifts of being seers, meaning they can see the future because they hang in the balance of life and death" Alice tapped her chin "I just don't know why my mother wouldn't have known that"
    "Well if they hid MY records they obviously have some power, Al. It would explain why they thought Ash dating Onyx would keep them safe. Syn wouldn't have let us hurt him."
    Orson came out from behind me and flashed his eyes at Davina, her body relaxed and she retracted her canines but she didn't let Syn take over yet. She wanted blood on her hands. I didn't blame her at this point.
    "Davina" Orson's wolf was also in control "It is fine, we both know the truth."
    Davina contemplated the thought, entertaining the idea of calming down but I knew it wasn't going to happen. I silently hoped no one else came near my mate right now, they didn't need to get into the middle of this mess.
    Alice looked at the cousins and hummed to herself softly before saying "I just don't understand how there are two of you at the same time. Normally when one halfling is born there is none for at least another 100 years"
    "Oh so now I'm an ancient alpha wolf. Great! Just great" Syn had taken partial control back, but Vina wasn't giving it up just yet.
    "No, you are not. I just don't understand how it's possible, that's all." Alice shrugged "Orson are you developing any abilities as well? I know you said you think you met your mate"
    The boy looked to Alice and took back his reign "I can sense people's biggest fears by touching them. Before I knew when they felt scared but since I got here it has progressed into seeing that part of them completely"
    "It got stronger when you got here?" Syn cocked her head and I found it adorable, even though she had blood lust in her eyes still.
    "Specifically after I met Jane, it was odd. I felt a slight pull to her but I already have a mate"
    "How intriguing" Evander looked at me again and took a drink from the last piece of unbroken glass "Does it feel like a mate bond with her too?"
    "Kind of, I can't have two mates that makes no sense" Orson shook his head already denying the accusation
    "No it's not but it's particular you feel that way with both of them." Alice grabbed his hand "Let me see what I can do, we will find out who your mate is"
    "Why don't we all take a break?" I suggested "Syn do you need to go for a run?"
    She nodded and came towards me and hugged me, melting into my chest "Don't think this is over old wolf. We aren't done here"
      I took Syn around to the back yard area so she could blow off some steam. Her and Davina took no time to tear off into the woods. I sat down at the gazebo waiting to see her dart in and out of the trees. After a few minutes of waiting she did exactly that, except now covered in blood.
    I fell asleep waiting for her to come back from her run and she woke me up by smacking my head with her paw.
    "You mutt! Why do you always wake me up in the worst way!" Davina wagged her tail and ran to the shed to shift back.
    "She just likes to be obnoxious, she means well" Syn shrugged "Now let's go finish up with my father."
    I shook my head but followed her, I really didn't want there to be another fight but this was inevitable. No one needed to die today though, especially not Ev or Alice. We needed the for what was to come and she knew it.
    Syn began her assault against her dad once more "So where are these journals mom has? Are they about me and Orson?"
    "Yes, they have been passed down through your blood line. They explain how you all came to be, how the two lines separated from one another. However it states multiple times that there can only be one of you at a time. So you are right, it is odd that there are two of you."
    "Who knows at this point! Does Otr know too?" Syn shifted on her feet out of worry.
    "He does not know what you are but he like everyone else knows how special you are" Clara had come down from her room, bad idea on her part
    "You! You stay out of this. I do not want you in here, leave now!" Syn used her alpha command.
    Clara practically flew out of the room sobbing into her hoodie. My heart broke for her, she didn't deserve that. Yet again her not saying to Syn made it inevitable.
    "I want the journals dad. Now" Syn commanded
    "As you wish young alpha. You deserve to know now." Evander got up and left the room to collect the journals.
    "Thank you Orsan for remembering that whole thing" Syn had a genuine smile on her face "let's learn more about ourselves together. I'm happy we aren't alone through this"
    Orson nodded and we waited for the ex alpha to bring us some answers. I silently hoped that it would help Syn calm down enough to have full control around her father. Davina did not care about him being blood anymore, he disrespected her as the alpha.