Ch.1: Mission Emiko

Chapter 1: Mission Emiko

The beautiful sun graced the village of Konoha on a fine morning signifying the protection it casted upon the land. It truly was a peaceful time of the day as the villagers were hustling with their morning activities. Not only on the streets, but also a certain household.

"Come on, Emi! You can do it!"

Kana Hatake sat on the floor of the living room with various toys surrounding her. A bright smile lit up her face as she watched a year old Emiko merely sitting in front of her, chewing a small toy. Emiko loudly giggled before clapping her hands on the floor, her legs spread out in front of her.

Laughter escaped Kana's lips when she noticed Emiko trying to stand up by herself. But with no support she just kept falling back on her butt. "Oh, my baby can't do it, yet can she?" she picked up Emiko and twirled her around. The small baby let her curled hand rest on her mother's cheek before slapping her hard with both hands repeatedly.

"Ouch!" Kana playfully narrowed her eyes at her, "Bad girl. You don't hit, bad girl," Noticing Emiko's doe like eyes, she couldn't but help soften her expression, "Oh but you are so cute that I forgive you!" Kana made fake fart noises on Emiko's stomach, making the little girl laugh.

"What's going on here?" Both females looked up to see Sakumo entering the home, while hanging up his cloak on the coat rack. Emiko's eyes lit up before she clapped and held her hands out to him.

"Ahh, there's my princess!" Sakumo grinned before he held Emiko in his arms giving her a kiss on the forehead. He turned to Kana and gave her a gentle kiss on the lips. Emiko's nose wrinkled instinctively as she stuck out her tongue.

Kana's eyes widened before she started laughing, "It seems that our princess doesn't like it when we kiss. You don't like our kisses, Emi?" she cooed to the baby.

Emiko once again stuck her tongue out and blew a raspberry at them. The couple laughed together before placing Emiko on the clean floor where her play area was. Her hands immediately grabbed the rattle and began shaking it. Looking at her to make sure she was fine, the couple went towards the kitchen.

Emiko's play area had a yard enclosure that was made out of plastic so she wouldn't escape and hurt herself. However, she was quite a curious baby. Even though she couldn't stand up, she sometimes used the yard fence to support herself. And that's what exactly she did.

Her small hands clung on to the railing as she pushed herself up by jumping slightly. Though she did fall down many times, eventually she got the hang of it. Her head poked out of the fence, looking for her mother. With a little bit of force she knocked down the door and began crawling quietly across the floor. She was wearing a long sleeved onesie for babies and therefore didn't scrape her knees while in the process.

Emiko was a smart baby even at a young age like this. Although she couldn't do much, she was highly perceptive in the smallest things. Whenever Kana or Sakumo would do something such as clean up an area, eat their food, or just daily activities, Emiko carefully watched them, not realizing that her mind was slowly getting accustomed to their habits also. Her parents have been trying to teach her how to talk and even say mother or father. No luck yet, but they hadn't given up hope. She could splurge out random sounds and giggles that sounded like baby talk, but no definite words that anyone would understand.

"Well well, where do you think you're going?" Emiko looked up to see a rather familiar face staring down at her. She bounced in her spot and once again held out her arms. Kakashi sighed before bending down to pick her up. He rested Emiko against his waist like how his mother did often.

Emiko grinned before tapping Kakashi's hair making her hands run through it. His soft yet spiky hair tickled her face when it didn't stay down. She thought his hair was the most fascinating thing and rather played with it whenever she was in Kakashi's arms.