Ch.3: First Day of Academy

Chapter 3: First Day of Academy

Two years later...

The loud sound of an alarm rung around the room instantly waking up the ones sleeping. Emiko gasped as she sprung out of bed instinctively. She groaned as she crashed onto the floor landing on her butt, "Itai!" she whined before rubbing it in pain.

She groggily looked at the time on the clock as it read 7 am. "Oh man, why did nii-san have to change the timing?" She growled before stand up and strutting into the bathroom to do her business. Emiko wasn't really an annoyed person most of the time, only that her mornings were her weakness. She really did have a struggle for getting out of bed. But if she didn't, she knew that her father or brother would drag her out.

She smiled into the mirror as she combed her long silver hair. She had rather grown fond of her hair and had never dared to cut it, since her father always told her that it reminded him of her mother. And she found that to be quite special. She put on simple navy blue capri ninja pants and a black short sleeved t-shirt with Konoha's leaf symbol on the back. Slipping on the classic blue ninja sandals, she slowly tip toed down the stairs. Emiko looked around trying to see if anyone was there, and when there wasn't, she grinned before heading straight towards the fridge.

"You're late."

"Darn!" she cursed under her breath before turning around to see Sakumo casually sitting on the table drinking tea. He raised an eyebrow at her sheepish expression, "...There was a cat in my room? And I had to...uh...return it back to the old lady! Yup, that's right!" she nodded.

Sakumo sighed and rolled his eyes, "You've been spending way too much time with Obito. Eat your breakfast quickly then we have to train. Understood? And if you're not on time tomorrow, I'll take away Chichi!"

"NO, NOT CHICHI!!" Emiko screamed horrified that her father would even dare to take away her stuffed dog animal that Kakashi had given for a birthday present. It was preposterous! "You wouldn't dare!"

Sakumo smirked, "Oh I really would. Do you want me to show you?"

"No!!" she shook her head instantly.

"Then what will you do next time?"

She hung her head low as a dark aura surrounded her face, "Come early..." she muttered with a pout, "B-But tou-san... waking up early in the morning like that...?" she wrinkled her nose as she took a bite of her buttered toast.

He chuckled before ruffling her hair, "You will be going to the academy soon, Emi. You must learn responsibility, understood?"

"Yes sir." She swallowed her last piece and followed him outside to their own training backyard.

~~~

"Alright now, Emiko, begin your warm up." Sakumo instructed as he crossed his arms and stood a couple feet away, "Start with your regular 20 push-ups, 20 sit-ups, and then run around the yard 5 times."

"Hai, tou-san." Emi stretched her legs and arms before slowly jogging around the large training yard. This same training had been going on for a month now and she was used to the routine. Although she may be only 4 years old, Emiko always had the knack for picking up things such as training exercises.

She constantly took deep breaths and exhaled as she ran around. She could feel the familiar sensation of sweat gliding down her neck, and nothing made her feel more in the moment. A large grin plastered onto her face as she finished her final lap and on the spot began starting her sit-ups.

Sakumo silently watched her train trying to build up her endurance. When the Hokage had told him that Emiko had talent, he didn't find it hard to believe. He knew that her chakra natures and abilities would come from the main line of the Hatake's. That complete silver hair proved it to be; any shinobi in the Hatake Clan who had a full set of bright silver hair would have the abilities as well, since Kakashi and himself had them. Otherwise most of the clan had silver hair mixed in with other colors such as blonde. But the clan had slowly died away since the time of the first Hokage, and there was only Sakumo's family left.