Ch.21: Nothing like 'Home'

04/18/16: Updating Chapters 20-22!

Chapter 21: Nothing like 'Home'

It was cold. Indefinitely cold as her mind wandered through an unknown darkness. She hated not knowing. Not knowing, left you defenceless. Weak. Unguarded.

Wake up

An echoing of a voice. It sounded familiar

Wake up!

Her voice. This was her voice.

Wake up, damn it!

Her eyes blinked open with a loud gasp, as she coughed to the side, feeling her scratchy throat. The cloudy vision began to clear up and she couldn't help but stare with surprise at who was in front of her.

"I never thought I'd get to interrogate you again."

Ibiki-fucking-Morino, she remembered. She remembered him well. Her eyes narrowed when she felt shackles tying her wrists to the chair she was sitting on, her legs were bounded too. "Heh," Emiko grinned lowly, "And I never thought I'd get to see your scarred face again either. But I guess my luck is worse."

He smirked, "Whose luck is worse...we shall find out soon, traitorous scum."

She had to raise an eyebrow at that, "Traitor? Me?"

"That fake innocence of yours is going to get you killed, girl."

Emiko let out an amused expression, trying her very best to hide the fear that was growing within her, "Who says my innocence is fake? Maybe it's real."

"Anyone affiliated with the Akatsuki is a conspirator."

"You have no grounds to hold me hostage, Ibiki Morino," she narrowed her eyes, "I have not murdered a single being ever since my departure from the village."

"Oh?" He raised an eyebrow, "I find that hard to believe. Now," he sat down loosely in his chair in front of her, "Why don't you tell me something about the Akatsuki?"

"I have nothing to say."

Ibiki smirked, "It would be best to reveal everything, girl. You're seeing me at my most merciful." She only stared at him with hard eyes and didn't open her mouth, "Fine. If that's the way you want to do it."

He placed a hand on her head and closed his eyes, "Psycho Mind Transmission!"

Emiko's eyes snapped wide open as she screamed loudly, her cries echoing the room. She could feel the foreign chakra of Ibiki invading her mind, into her memories, and personal space. It was intrusive, and it was outright disgusting.

"Hmm there are those familiar cries," he chuckled as he invaded further. However, within her mind, he could see a seal. A seal of closure that prevented certain information from being obtained as intel. "A blockage huh?"

He opened his eyes again back in the real world and noticed the girl panting, and staring at him with a psychotic grin, "The Akatsuki do not like their information being revealed," she coughed with a laugh.

Ibiki grinned, "All the better." And again her cries penetrated his ears.

She writhed in pain; it felt like a hot iron ore was sizzling her brain to bits. Her face showed her distress as the pained tears rolled down her cheeks. The only thought in her mind was her precious baby. She didn't care what happened to her, but her baby shouldn't be injured in any way. "S-Stop..."

"Are you ready to speak now?"

Her eyes partially opened, "P-Please stop..." She suddenly bent back as an anguished grown left her lips. Sweat dripped down the side of her face, matting her hair. Ibiki looked down to see the protruded stomach and frowned.