Ch.12: Tensions

Ch.12: Tensions

It was a peaceful night with the crickets chirping loudly and the fireflies leaving such a beautiful glow around the village. Emiko and Itachi quietly walked down the streets of Konoha, unconsciously holding their hands together, fingers intertwined.

She looked at him from the corner of her eyes before quickly averting her gaze when she caught him looking back at her. She honestly couldn't believe that she had literally spilled her heart out to him. Although she had known him since they were babies, Emiko felt embarrassed to even look at him.

"You're going to have to look at me sometime, Emi." Itachi smirked causing her to blush brightly.

"S-Stop it," she bumped her shoulders with his. He laughed under his breath before wrapping his arm around her. Emiko sighed with a gentle smile on her face.

Who would have known that I had fallen in love with my best friend?

"Big Brother!!" The two heard a voice to see Sasuke running towards them with a grin on his face. He suddenly crashed into the two and wrapped his arms around each of their legs. "See? I told you nee-chan that you would be the only one that I would allow Itachi to date! B-But... I'll still be your prince right?" he pouted.

Emiko immediately bent down and spread her arms out. Sasuke didn't hesitate and ran into her arms as she tightened her grip, "You'll always be my little prince Sasuke. And that's something that will never change." She gently kissed his forehead and affectionately moved the bangs out of his face.

"Hehe, nee-chan likes me more than you big brother!" Sasuke stuck his tongue out at Itachi, who just chuckled and poked his forehead.

"How about we drop Emiko off at home? It's getting late." Itachi suggested to Sasuke who nodded repeatedly. The three walked together with Sasuke being swung in the middle as Itachi held onto one arm and Emiko the other.

"Don't they look like a family?"

"Aww look at that beautiful child with that couple!"

Whispers erupted from villagers as they noticed the three happily grinning at each other, like life was perfect at that moment.

"Well we're here," Emiko spoke looking up at her home. She turned to look at the two with a smile. "My stop ends here."

"Nii-san, say goodbye to nee-chan." Sasuke smirked before he crossed his arms, "Don't worry, I won't look." He covered his eyes with his palms before turning around the other direction.

Emiko chuckled before shyly looking up at Itachi, who as always held his smirk. "I can't hear anything, niichan!" Sasuke giggled. Itachi rolled his eyes before coming towards Emiko and giving her a slow peck on the lips. He could hear Sasuke's giggles once again and knew that his little brother had heard that.

Itachi came close and placed his lips by her ear, "Meet me tomorrow by the dango shop in the morning around 11."

She raised an eyebrow at him and mouthed, Like a date?

He nodded with a small smile before picking up a laughing Sasuke and placed him on his back. "Bye Emi-neechan!" Both the boys kissed each cheek before leaving. Emiko waved back.

"Bye my princes!"

~~~

Next Day...

Kakashi shuffled around the kitchen flipping over the pancakes lightly and reading a new book that the Sannin, Jiraiya had apparently published. He had randomly come across it in the book store and though why not read it.