Ch.7: First Mission

Chapter 7: First Mission

Emiko quietly whistled as they trudged along the gravel path with Itachi and Shisui by her side. Itachi's hands were in his pocket, which had become a habit now, while Shisui had crossed his arms behind his head, holding them high. Their sensei was behind them sorting out the different addresses he had received from girls on the way.

"Man, I've got a good collection of girls..." Sho grinned widely only to see his students looking back at him with disgusted expressions.

"Okay I take my words back of him being a whole package," Emiko muttered, "Sure he's hot, but he's a total playboy. Hey sensei shouldn't you be married by now, like how old are you?"

"I don't marry or stay committed to a single woman Emiko. The flavors get boring if you stay with one too long. You boys should take me as an example." Their sensei explained with a smirk.

"You take after him as an example, and I will make sure you never get with girls." Emiko threatened, "Hmph. Flavors my ass."

"Trust me," Shisui shivered, "I won't ever. What kind of sensei do we even have? Is he even strong? He just seems like an idiot."

"Now, Shisui, what have I told you about never underestimating your opponents?" Itachi wisely interrupted.

"Don't do it..." the eldest muttered with defeat.

"Exactly. There must be a reason why he was assigned to us. Let's just wait and see what beholds ahead of us."

Emiko suddenly jumped on Itachi's back and he immediately wrapped his arms around her legs, "Itachi, have I ever told you how wise you are...?" she giggled as she rested her chin on his shoulders.

"I don't think so."

"Well then you are, but that's okay because I still like you for it." She kissed his cheek friendlily, which had become a slight habit of affection between the two representing their friendship.

"Heyyy, why don't you kiss my cheek as much!" Shisui pouted and crossed his arms. Emiko rolled her eyes and laughed.

"Get over here you big baby." He came near and Emiko kissed him on the cheeks as well making him blush lightly. "Happy?"

He smugly grinned while nodding.

Sho-sensei chuckled, "You three have so much going in between ya'll. Like how old are ya, 5?"

"We're 7." All of three of them replied with narrowed eyes. Two years had gone by the blink of an eye, and no one even knew, and now they were officially Genin.

Their sensei merely rolled his eyes before he squinted them, "It seems that we're here." The three kids turned back around to see a beautiful large red temple that was situated in the middle of the village with many shops and sakura trees surrounding it. The entrance was grand in the sense that it had lanterns surrounding the large gates.

"Woah..." Emiko's eyes glowed as she looked at the magnificent sight in front of her, "It's so pretty."

"Are you the team from Konoha?" One of the guards asked. Sho nodded and showed his Leaf headband. "Very well, follow me. I shall escort you to our leader."

The village was quite small as all of them made their way to the centre. When they finally reached, they saw a man adorning a thick yukata that had the symbol of the village behind it. He was pacing back and forth, biting on his fingernails nervously.

"Oh!" the leader's eyes brightened when he saw the Konoha shinobi, "You have finally come! Such a tragedy has occurred! The treasure that is very dear and sacred to our village has been stolen by the bandits! And what's worse is that they are living on the outskirts of the village and forest! You must help us, dear Konoha shinobi!"