Chapter 5: Tea Parties and Death Flags

A/N: Surprise chapter! I hope you guys like this chapter because I hate it, HAHA. It's not a bad chapter, I just didn't like how serious it is. But it's necessary for chapter 6 (wink wink at the old readers) so please bear with it. But it was still fun to write! Oh and I think I will be done with chapter six in one—two days so you might even get three chapters this upcoming week! Yay! I'm on a roll, I have missed writing so I'm happy to write a lot.

P.S, Fanart by... ME! Haha, I made this fan art of Helm. He'll be important in future chapters but let's admire how hot he is, shall we?!

Okay sorry, go and read now, I'm going to read a fanfiction or something! Thanks for reading!

——

Wei grabbed my arm.

"No! It's mine!" I tried shoving him away but he overpowered me. He opened his mouth wide and tried biting the biscuit in my hand. I moved the biscuit away and he missed, biting down on air. This caused Wei to grow angrier.

"I told you that you could have one biscuit, but I never said that it could be my favorite honey triple-layered nut!" He tried grabbing it but I sprung away from him, beginning to run as I shouted. "It's my favorite too!"

"You little—!" Wei began chasing me and I tried running as far as my shorter legs could take me. But I was lastly cornered. Reaching a dead end, I faced Wei. He was panting heavily, more than me, but his eyes screamed his hunger for the last treat. He breathed heavily and then rushed at me. My hand shook as I was ready to crush the biscuit in my hand. I'd rather none of us have it than let Wei steal it back.

Wei let out a yelp. Someone stood behind him and was pulling at his shirt. I saw Heath towering over the shorter boy, scowling. He looked at me and his frown deepened.

"I was wondering what was causing the attendants to grow worried and nervous. It was you two playing around." Wei hissed.

"Playing around? This is a fight to the death!" Wei declared. I glowered at him.

"You're doing all of this just for a cookie?" Wei snarled at me.

"Yes! Because you were planning on taking it and eating it." I tried protesting but Heath had had enough of us.

"Shut up! Both of you! You are acting like children!" Wei and I gave him blank looks. Heath paused. "Like... babies! Just ask one of the bakers to make you more." Wei crossed his arms and pouted. "But that takes too much time." I glared at Wei while Heath shot him a dirty look.

Wei grumbled something under his breath, dragging his feet as he walked away. I sighed in relief, feeling safe. And then froze. I raised my hand and felt the biscuit crumble in my tight grip. Shit. I had used too much force. I tearfully let the remains of the treat fall. I wasn't joking when I said it was my favorite snack...

Heath gave me a look-over before gesturing for me to follow him. I did so without a word, as blood-bound allies. Okay, not blood bound, but secrecy bound.

I'd been in this world for a month now and I'd gotten to know the friendliest family members. We'd gotten quite close... however I still felt there was a distance between us. I looked at Heath's wide back. He never tried talking to me unless he had to or Wei was with me. Of course, he could be kind but only as far as an acquainted ally would. Wei did the same too, of course, he would bother me at times but only when he wanted something. Once he got it, he left me alone.

I won't lie, it was pretty miserable living here. I had read a lot of books to pass time but I needed genuine human interaction, not forced small talk with my 'siblings'.