Chapter 14: Welcome to Lore Academy

A/N: I'll begin this chapter by apologizing. Somehow my schedule has become so bad that I only post one chapter a week now... cough...

Um, I've been busy after my birthday with lots of things so I didn't have time to finish this until today! But yay! It's finally the school arc! Also unlike the old story where it took up to chapter 18 or 19 for the 'school days' to proceed, the pacing will be much quicker! I also have many more things planned!

ALSO, I GOT BIRTHDAY FAN ART BY 1Ayato5  AND IT LOOKS AMAZING! I asked for Ru Hasselt and Rael fan art and it looks BEAUTIFUL!

Oh and next chapter, I'll share some more shipping art BECAUSE I LOVE SHIPS. I hope you enjoy this chapter! I'll let you read now!
——

The morning flashed by in the blink of an eye. I couldn't remember eating my breakfast, nor changing into clothes before I found myself in the carriage.

I blinked.

This was it. The two years I spent preparing for this... will begin today. I trembled. I was feeling nervous, yet excited. I had yet to meet the fourth love interest or the hidden one. I wanted to befriend side characters that I grew to like or avoid terrible professors.

But at Lore, I'd also have to meet him. Ru Hasselt. It would be incredibly awkward. I should do everything to ignore him. It wouldn't be too hard, I was just a side character after all.

Peri peeked inside the carriage. She'll be riding the carriage to Lore Academy but returning shortly thereafter. No attendants are allowed in Lore for safety precautions. Even though the Academy had several ways to protect its students and employees, it was unnecessary and more costly. There lived five thousand, if not more, students, professors, cooks, cleaners, etc, so if every noble was allowed to bring their attendant, that number could double or even triple.

Peri sat down, hugging a basket close to her. I eyed the basket but didn't say anything, glancing out of the window. The carriage rolled and soon left the castle's vicinity.

Its destination was set as one of the world's renowned magic schools.

——

Halfway through, hunger struck me. I tried ignoring my growling stomach but it grew too loud. With red cheeks, I turned to Peri.

"D-do you have any food?"

Peri had a small smile on.

"Yes, why?" Before I could answer, my stomach growled once more, as though replying to her. I hid my face with my hands. I wanted to dig a hole and hide in it. Peri merely chuckled as she opened the basket.

"I knew you'd grow hungry so I made some lunch." The basket was filled with fruits, sandwiches, and sliced vegetables. I closed my mouth so I wouldn't drool.