Interlude 4: The Gossip Group

A/N: This was supposed to be chapter 39... but more than half the chapter feels a bit out of place, hence why I changed it to an interlude. Um, still important to the plot, especially the next chapter so bear with me! Next chapter is the end of this mini arc, and after that... yeah, you'll see soon hopefully.

TIME FOR ARTTTT! FAN ART! WO WO WO! ALSO WHY DID THE FAN ART OF THE PREVIOUS CHAPTER DISAPPEAR? WHY DIDN'T ANYONE TELL ME T-T (its fixed now though)

I RECEIVED THIS AMAZING GOREGOUS FAN ART OF NONE OTHER THAN CLAUS BY 1_Ayato_5  CAN YOU BELIEVE IT? LOOK AT HOW PRETTY HE IS! SURE HE DOESN'T GET AS MUCH ATTENTION AS THE REST BUT HE IS BEAUTIFUL! PURPLE HAIR FOR THE WIN!

AND MORE FAN ART! YES YES YES! I DREW THIS AGES AGO OF HEATH! Um... guess which Heath I drew recently and in a rush? Winner gets a golden star from me!

 guess which Heath I drew recently and in a rush? Winner gets a golden star from me!

THAT'S ALL! SORRY FOR THE DELAY!

——

I looked at the bracelet that Professor Ruth had given us, all while he dragged Karl away. All of the students were curiously observing the strange bracelet. What was it for?

Ruth cleared his throat as he kept a tight grip on Karl. "This bracelet will be tracking your progress. Of course, I'll still keep an eye on you all just in case you try to cheat the system."

"The goal of this test is to either capture or kill magical beasts. You have two hours to collect at least 30 points. You get two points for killing magical beasts. You earn more points if you manage to capture them without killing them, five points instead of two. But the more valuable the beast is, the more points you get as well—whether you kill them or capture them, so keep that in mind if you only try targeting weak magical beasts."

"Everyone is allowed to steal, kill, or harm others magical beasts. Everything is fair game, except trying to kill each other. If lethal force is detected by the bracelet, you'll be teleported away and failed immediately. But if any magical beast tries to lethally harm you—you'll be teleported away as well. That does mean the test ends for you as well, so if you have less than 30 points... well, I don't think I need to explain that to you all." He smiled innocently as if he hadn't just made the test more difficult.