Chapter 40: One Letter Too Short

A/N: Gosh. This week has been hell for me lol. This would've come earlier but Mother Nature decided to punch me in the gut for a week straight! It's here now though!

But first! Fan art TIIIMEEE!

I DECIDED TO FOCUS ON EYES! EYES, EYES, EYES! LOOK AT HOW PRETTY THEY ARE! 1_Ayato_5 MADE THEM! I LOVE THEM ALL!

THERE'S MORE! 1_Ayato_5  DECIDED TO REDRAW THEIR ALREADY ICONIC AND AMAZING DRAWING OF HEATH! IT LOOKS EVEN MORE AMAZING SOMEHOW! LOOK AT IT! It's a perfect treat before the chapter!

THERE'S MORE! 1_Ayato_5 DECIDED TO REDRAW THEIR ALREADY ICONIC AND AMAZING DRAWING OF HEATH! IT LOOKS EVEN MORE AMAZING SOMEHOW! LOOK AT IT! It's a perfect treat before the chapter!

THERE'S MORE! 1_Ayato_5  DECIDED TO REDRAW THEIR ALREADY ICONIC AND AMAZING DRAWING OF HEATH! IT LOOKS EVEN MORE AMAZING SOMEHOW! LOOK AT IT! It's a perfect treat before the chapter!

ENOUGH. Please enjoy!

——

At the very border of Urel was a village unlike many. Because it wasn't ruled by the King, but rather by an Archmage. And today, their ruler had returned once more.

"Archmage! Please, accept this basket of fine bread! I've perfected the recipe!" One of the villagers approached her and handed her a basket. The Druid blinked before smiling at him.

"Thank you." This prompted several more to approach her, bearing gifts and treats in hopes of showing their admiration towards her. Were it not for her, this village would've disappeared long ago due to drought and war. Not only did she save this village from starvation, as the King refused to send any help, but she also protected them from the neighboring countries and stray spells that might've harmed them. Some didn't even consider themselves as people of Urel—but rather believers of Vanessa Gould, the only Druid Archmage.

The thirty-year-old woman was a bit overwhelmed by their gesture and eventually grew upset when one even tried to offer their firstborn child to her. She was a Druid, not a witch. She planted her staff down—vines appearing from beneath the ground, forcing everyone to stop.

"There's no need to give me gifts. I merely chose to save this place on a whim. Do not thank me each time I arrive." She told them bluntly before she turned, and headed towards her humble home made of fine but simple wood. She pretended not to hear the villagers gush over her every elegant move and gently closed the door after her.