Part 1

That day started like every other day. I woke up, when I heard sound of massive gong which was near my quater. As usual, I waited until few people were left in the bathroom, I had no friends here but I didn't be upset about it. I just prefered to be alone. I didn't want to talk with anyone. When I saw that everybody was ready, I went to the bathroom where I brushed my teeth and wore my uniform. It took me no more than three minutes. Maybe if I liked people, I would have acted differently, but I was terrified of talking to others. Our commander called us to come for an assembly. He looked differently today. He was smiling. I was shocked because I've never seen him do this. The commander was very excited.

'All right princesses, today is a lucky day for one of you,' he said nastily.

I wasn't shocked. He was usually mean for us.

'One of you will get a life chance. You'll meet our special guests in a moment. Come over here, please!' he said for four people standing close to us.

I saw people who set us free from the hell of war years ago. The whole world looked up to them. In front of us stood avatar Aang, his girlfriend Katara and his friends Toph and Sokka.

Sokka... He caught my attention the most. He was looking at us, he probably expected to see something better, but I couldn't dream of a better sight than him. 

I admired him so much. I wanted to impress him, but I knew it was impossible. I was too weak for him to even notice me. 

'Sagi, stop looking at Sokka this way! When the rest of the soldiers realise why I'm looking at him as I look now, I will have no life here' I thought. There were a lots of alpha males here, sometimes I felt too much testosterone in the air.

'Good morning, soliders! We are here to choose one of you for a special mission. The Water Tribe cheif has a serious problem. He can't pacify a rebelion without our help. Kidnappers of young women have been getting around here for some time. The chief is doing everything to solve the problem, but he hasn't found a solution to this situation yet. People are worried, they are afraid, society wants the council to deal with kidnappers as soon as possible, so they are protesting.' Aang told us.

'Every month, in the full moon, a young woman dies or disappears under mysterious circumstances. We suspect that it's a fault of the sect, which was etablished in honour of princess Yue. We must stop them. Then the rebelion will end.' Katara said. She was really upset.

'We need only one person, because we mustn't attract too much attention. We're going to choose someone soon. We need somebody, who know the area well. A waterbender will be the best. ' Toph informed us.

'Waterbenders, step out of line, now!' our commander shouted.

I took a step forward. A few other soliders did the same.

'Everyone who stepped out comes with us.' Sokka told us. He sounded very seriously.

So we followed them. We went to the training ground. . I really wanted to be chosen by them, but I known I didn't have any chance. I didn't present myself very well. Acually I was the worst of candidates.

'I'm sure that they'll choose Jao' I thought.

He was the biggest and the strongest person in our group. We were ordered to line up again. Aang looked at us but instead tell us what to do, he just stared at us. The rest of his team did the same, except for Toph of course, but I'm sure she watched us in a different way. It was the weirdest test I've ever done. The results were very surprising.