Part 13

'Hahn caught me and he tried to stab a dagger into my heart because I made him angry saying that Yue didn't love him. I was screaming for help when I saw Sagi and I begged him to do something. If you tell him to go away, I will go with him. It was my fault too.' Sokka said to his friends, defending me.

This words stunned them and me. 

Aang tried to say something but he just opened his mouth and then he closed it. Finally he found the right words:

'I had no idea why you didn't say it sooner'.

'It was happening too fast. I haven't had time to tell you about it because you had already you told Sagi to go away.'

'Forgive us,' Katara said to me. 'You saved my brother's life. I'm so grateful. Thank you.'

'It's okay, I had to help him.'

'We have to go to the chief to tell him about the tunnels' map, which we found with Hahn.' Sokka said when there was an awkward silence.

'What's that knocking?' Katara asked suddenly.

'It's a postal falcon!' Sokka said, then ran to the window, opened it and untied the message attached to the animal's leg. 'It's addressed to all of us, I see a Fire Nation sign, it must be Zuko.'

'Finally he sent a message! Read it aloud' Toph said.

Sokka opened the envelope, I could see there wasn't much text there because I was standing behind him.

'It's a good news! Zuko is getting married!'

'With me?' Toph asked. 'I am eager!'

'With Mai. The wedding is in a month, we should be able to get there in time if we solve the problem here quickly.'

'How lovely! So romantic, I also dream of a wedding' said Katara looking at Aang, who understood what was going on and decided to change the subject.

'We should go to the chief and tell him new informations'.

So we went to the palace. Aang didn't say a word all the way. Katara was telling Toph about the wedding and how she wanted to get married herself, loud enough for Aang to hear. I was walking with Sokka at the end. We didn't talk much, but I could see the happiness in his eyes. When he saw that Aang started talking with Katara, he took my hand.

'I said I'd fix it,' he whispered.

'I'm so grateful,' I said.

Katara spun around and I let go of Sokka's hand as fast as I could.

'Sokka, did you hear that?' she asked.

'What? I wasn't listening to you,' he answered confused.

'I said that you should finally propose to Suki. She is your girlfriend for so long, it's time', this words annoyed Sokka and I felt a pang of jealousy.

'She had told me about it too. You don't have to repeat it. Get on with your life'.

'I think it's not fair,' Katara said.

'Maybe I'm not sure if I want to marry her?'.

'Dude, really?,' Aang asked. 'You're just giving her hope, and you don't have another girlfriend, so I don't understand your behavior'.

'Look at yourself, Aang', Sokka said.

Aang wanted to say something, but luckily we had already arrived to the palace. Kikai was waiting for us near the entrance. She took us to the same room as last time. But today there were also guards besides us in the room.

'We know about Hahn's death. What happened yesterday?' Kikai asked us.

 'He was dangerous, he wanted to kill Sokka,' Aang said. 'We had to do this'.

'But he get an icicle in the head! Who killed Hahn?'

'I don't think it matters,' Sokka said. 'He was a murderer'.

'Hahn was the chief's right-hand man!' Kikai shouted, I saw her get so angry for the first time. I already knew we were in big trouble'.