Part 9

'I can't believe that you killed him. I don't want to see you anymore' Aang said to me.

'Aang, he was a murderer...' I was shocked because Sokka started to defend me.

'It doesn't matter. WE aren't like HIM. Are you deaf? I said I don't want to see you' Aang asked me. He was totally disappointed.

I turned around and walked away. Then I started to run. I realised that I was standing at the top of the cliff. I was crying all time. I was angry at myself. Aang was right, I had no right to take Hahn's life. I had no power to stand and I fell into the snow. I was lying there for a while. I didn't care that I could have catch a cold, but finally I stood up. I came closer to the edge of the cliff and looked up at the moon. Then I looked down at the cold dark sea. I made my decision. I no longer mattered to anyone, not even to myself. I took one last breath. I came closer and closer to the edge. Then I heard Sokka.

'Sagi, don't do this!'

'Why? Everyone hates me. It will be better. I'm dangerous.'

'It won't better. I don't know what Hahn did to you, but you must have had a reason to hate him. You had known him before the kidnappers issue starts, right?'

'Yes, that's true. Sokka... I'm sorry. I didn't want to hurt you. Everything is fine?'

'It's ok.'

'Why are you alone here?'

I asked and then I sat on the ground.

'They don't know that I'm here' he told me and sat next to me.

'They don't want to know me, do they?' I asked but I didn't get an answer. I was probably right.

We sat in silence for some time. He was the only one person who cared about me.

'Hahn had a map of the tunnels with him so we already know where they are hiding. An army will be sent there tomorrow. Do you have a place to sleep?' he asked.

'No, I don't. I had nobody except you and your friends and I screwed up.'

'Come with me, we are staying in a hotel, you can sleep in my room tonight. Aang won't know you came with me, I promise'.

'I'm really grateful, but I must ask. Why are you doing this?'

'I'd like to talk to you again'.

'Fine, I'll come with you' I said and I stood up.

Sokka did the same. We didn't say anything during all way to the hotel. He let me in his room and pointed to a couch standing in the corner. It was already dawn and the only thing I wanted to do was go to sleep. But Sokka had other plans.

'While we were searching Hahn's body, I decided to take one thing away without showing the rest, because I'd rather ask you about it first. Look what he had.' 

He took a chain out of his pocket, it looked exactly like the one that I had sold to the man at the stall.

'I'm not stupid, Sagi. I know something is wrong' Sokka said.

'Sit down' I said and Sokka did it.

'Are you going to tell me the truth?' he asked. I saw he is irritated.

I sat down next to him and looked deeply into his eyes.

'I'll tell you everything what you want because you deserve it. But first, you must promise me that NOBODY will find out about this conversation.'

'I promise. Now let's start. Tell me, why Hahn had the chain' he was very impatient.

'Sagi doesn't know the answer' I had tears in my eyes because I knew that I would have to confess the whole truth irretrievably.