chapter 20: a second chance?

{France pov}

Why didn't I back her up more.
I was an awful big brother.
And this is the price I pay.

I have an idea to get her back but it's just an idea.

Her body is in bed tucked in like she would wake up at any moment.

I put my hand through her hair.

Oh the tears I've wept from her departure.

I can't put off the idea any longer.
I helped some of her people into my country when I found out she was being attacked so maybe if we get even a little of her land back she will come back even if she is weak she will be back.

I grabbed my uniform and assembled my army.

{No ones pov}

Prussia had stopped talking to almost everyone he kept himself in his room not even coming out for food. Germany had tried many of times to talk to him but prussia wasn't having any of it. Germany did basically kill the only one he truly loved and Germany felt no remorse. The only people who he would mutter a word to were romano and italy and even then it was only a few words.

Prussia's room was a state, he was a state even Gilbird was rather worried and he's a bird.
Occasionally Prussia would come out of his depression only to result to anger, he tore up diary pages he threw dressers he smashed mirrors.

If his country hadn't been dissolved in the war and he became East Germany he may have tried to start another war but he hadn't the resources.

"Ciao prussia have you eaten?, fed Gilbird?.....opened your curtains?" Italy poked his head through the door to check up on figure who was wrapped in a duvet shaking.
He was crying again.

"N..no but Gilbird is pretty awesome he can hunt his own dinners." Prussia turned to look at Italy.
Italy frowned looking at Prussia's face his eyes were red from sobbing and sunken from lack of sleep, his hair was knotted and a mess and really he looked quite ill.

Italy left to give the update to Germany.

Germany wasn't too great himself as he had lost the war and might as well have lost his brother.

France however was on a mission to take back some of (c/n)'s land even if it was only as big as lichtenstein it would be enough.

Germany was too weak now to fight back for the land and so it was taken with ease and so was (c/n)'s life.

{Your pov}
I'm so confused.
How am I here I swear I died.
You did.

I sat up shaking, im in my bed at Francis' house.

What's going on?
What happened?
I died that's what happened.

I felt too lightheaded and slumped back into the bed.
There was a noise downstairs and then something running upstairs, I pulled my covers right up to my eyes. It's so stupid but i feel so fragile right now.

Francis burst through the door dirty and dishevelled but when he saw me hiding he smiled and he started crying the tears cutting through the dirt on his cheeks.

"(Y/N) YOU'RE AWAKE" he exclaimed while stumbling his way to my bed and wrapping his arms around me.

"Oh Francis I've missed you but please tell me what in the actual fuck is going on" I squeezed Francis tight before letting go so he could tell me everything.

"So I really did ya know....die im sorry I did that. But now it's all good I feel quite weary still you would think I'd be full of energy from how long I was sleeping" I laughed Francis didn't find it very funny.

"So.... what terms did everyone end on has the war even ended yet?"

"Well no one is happy but yes the war is now over"

"Is...you know who....okay?"

"Yes and no putain de saké I don't see why you still care for him. Don't you remember what happened with him and his brother" Francis reminded me as I stroked the scar that ran down my eye to the corner of my lips.

There were other scars on my body even though they should've healed completely a long time ago they hadn't.

Worrying.

I must've staring into space thinking about the past as Francis grabbed my hands "I'm going to make lunch how's your appetite?" He asked

"Just fine, in fact I'm bloody starving" we both laughed and then Francis left the room.

I was alone again maybe even if just for a moment. It felt as if something bad was right around the corner.

I went back to staring into space without noticing my mind went back to the dark room in the forest with germany.

France is wrong prussia never wanted to be there....I think.

Maybe I'll see him when I feel better.

I got up from my bed and wobbled over towards a dresser using it to steady myself.

I then made my way to the door way and then out into the hallway.

There was nothing to hold onto and my legs gave way, who knew waking from the dead was so debilitating.

Francis ran upstairs and helped me to my feet.
"You should've stayed in bed I was going to bring lunch up to you" he slightly scolded and helped me back to my room.

"Hey frère, do you think.... do you think we could go see prussia? I kinda forgave him on the battle field." I mumbled.

France struggled to hold me up when I asked. "You fucking what! ....pardonne-moi but why....oh (y/n) I worry so much for you sometimes so no we're not going to see him. Now get some rest you're lunch is on the dresser, and we won't be talking of him again or bringing anything of recent events up....je suis désolé" France left the room with a sad and disappointed look.

I really dont want to make him feel any worse but I'm going to see prussia, but...France is right why did I forgive him.
Because you love him.
But.
No buts that is why and its stupid.
But.
What did I say.
I hate arguing with you brain.

[A/n: ngl I rlly be pulling shit out my ass sometimes sorry if all of this is the most bullest of shits there are]