chapter 22: time together finally

"You know you look like shit right" I poked Gilbert's cheeks and smooshed his face into funny looks.

"Oi. Jou don't look so great jourself and plus I totally thought jou vere dead so of course I look like shit I vas like depressed next time don't do zhat." Gilbert just let me make him look a fool.

"Hey I can't control when I die or if I even come back you're lucky to have me now" I cross my arms and turn my back to prussia.

Suddenly his arms wrap around me and he whispers "I am so damn lucky to have jou"

I could practically feel my face redden.

At that moment I was showered with kisses over my cheeks and forehead and occasionally catching my lips.

I attacked him back.

Gilbert resulted in tickling to get back at me.

Germany could most definitely hear us laughing.

After we settled down again I looked up at the ceiling.

"It's getting late, I'm gonna get some 'shut eye'"
I yawned and put my arms round Gilbert my head on his chest.

I could hear his heart beating and his breathing gently sent me to sleep.

{Prussia's pov}

"Vhat did I do to deserve jou (y/n)....to be Frank I don't deserve jou, however, I'm not Frank I'm ze most awesome prussia."
I muttered to myself.

My hand subconsciously found its way into her hair.

I looked down to her face and gently caressed feeling the rough half healed scars.
Tears came to my eyes.
"Ich bedauere sehr" I whispered
I hope I can one day forgive myself for hurting you (y/n) even if you already have.

I don't speak for my brother however our arguments grow each day we barely talk unless it's and argument or snide comments.
But deep down I know he feels bad for (y/n) and we will be reminded of it when we look at her.

One of the scars reaches from just above her left eyebrow down across her eye and just catching the corner of her lips.
That eye the scar runs over was now white in colour but I don't know if it's affected her sight I would suggest so.

Why wasn't I stronger not only in body but in mind.

I feel my tears roll down my face.

How could I let myself do that to her.

There were more scars on her arms and thighs but they are covered normally, there's a couple on her neck and I know there's a few on her back and stomach.

I need to do something for her to make it up to her even just a little bit

Maybe we could go to the beach?
Yeah, a romantic picnic at the beach.
Kesese that will be perfect for a step forward.

I rest my arms around (y/n)'s shoulders and let myself sleep.

{Morning}

Where's (y/n) she was sleeping in my bed last night.
.
.
.
What if it was my mind playing tricks.
No, no, no
She was definitely here, she normally sleeps in late though.

I threw open my door and sped down the hallway. Making my way through the house I heard Gilbird tweeting.

He had been rather depressed with me so if he's happy (y/n) is still here okay worried myself there.

I stepped into the kitchen and found (y/n) pulling... croissants! Out the oven.

"I know what you're thinking and France is my big bro of course I'm going to pick up things from him." She tells me before giving Gilbird a mini croissant.

"Do jou vant to go to zhe beach today?" I blurted out I'm just so happy she's back and real.

"That would be awesome I'd love to. We may have to take a trip back home because I came here with nothing"
She smiled meekly and scratched her head.

"Fiiiiinnneeeeee, but jou better be in und out fast frau." I ate my croissant and dusted off my hands because those things fucking disintegrate.

{Your pov}
We finally made it back to France.
I did a quick check that Francis wasn't in and grabbed prussia's hand taking him to my room.

I packed a bag while Gilbert looked at all my stuff.

"Not much has changed here huh." Was the only words he said.

"Let's get outta here before France sees us!" I pushed prussia out the house and he grabs me and puts me over his shoulder while laughing and starting to run.

"Kesesese vhy don't ve vant zhe frog man to see us?"

"Well he doesn't want me going back to you, ya know since I died and I think that's caused him to be quite a bit more over protective of me now."

I felt prussia tense when mentioning dying, I mean I was the one who died I should be weird around the subject but it just hasn't really hit me.

"Vhy dont ve go to zhe beach tomorrow since its going to be dark vhen ve get back to mine?" Prussia asked after quite some time had passed.

"Noooooooo, night time beach is so much better and prettier and there's something about night time I can't put my finger on it though."