Prologue

Waking up in a cold sweat, Delfone shot up, gasping for air. Instinctively touching his torso and neck, trying to erase the feeling of his skin on fire. 

"My lord?" 

Delfone focused on his butler who appeared like magic. He was holding a tray with a glass of water and a vase, coming quickly to the bedside so Defone cool off. Grabbing the vase Defone chugged it, gasping only briefly for air before finishing off both the vase and glass. 

"My lord are you alright?" Bell asked, the elderly man crouching down slightly to get a good look at his master, "Do you want me to call for a doctor?" 

"N-no," he stuttered out, pushing his sheets off to just feel the cool night air, "Open my window." 

"Yes my lord," Bell flicked his wrist, unlocking the window from where he stood and the cool night breeze filled the room, courteous of Bell's affinity to air. "Is everything alright?" 

"Y-yes, I just, had a bad dream." Delfone's mind was cloudy, only the feeling of being on fire the only thing clear. One this was for certain, it had to do something with his eldest granddaughter, 

Laraine. 

"Bell, what is today's date?" Delfone asked, getting up, Bell quickly getting a robe for him. 

"It's XXX, XXX, the beginning of 4th Imperial year." Bell finished, Delfone's blood running cold. 

It was the end of the 4th Imperial year the day of Laraine's.... Laraine's... what? 

Delfone couldn't remember anything but the feeling of regret and sadness. 

"W-what?" Delfone stuttered, stumbling just before he reached his door. 

"My lord!" Bell rushed forward, steading him back to his feet, "Let me call the doctor." 

"No," Delfone found his footing, opening the door and surprising the knights who were on night guard duty. 

"W-where are you going?" Bell jogged behind Delfone who was walking quite quickly to the complete other side of the manor to the west wing. 

"I need to speak to my granddaughter."