2. Chapter (tuning memories)

Date: 12th March
Place: In the car

I parked and we were at my place after that 20 minute drive which I somehow craved for the past 2 years.

We had the most dense silent that could ever be between two close friends. Words never spoke between us it was always just our action that spoke out loud..

But not that one time where I wanted him to hear my actions rather than words. He didn't.

We both know we are helpless without each other and again I try reading his face and I'm not sure what does it even say.. I don't even feel if I know him.

But their is a strong sense of bond between us. My bubble of thoughts bursted as he opened my door while he was soaking in the rain and moreover that white formal soaked shirt and that one strand of now wet hair that I could use as rope to suicide (ah nosebleeds).

"Quite of a gentleman after all these years pal" I finally broke the 20 minutes long silence.

"I just wanted you to join me in the rain" he raised his hand forward. He was clearly enjoying himself. He always did.

But see I might be hopelessly romantic. But I ain't gonna soak myself and get sick. Although I like rain no offense

I shook my head and he pouted like there was nothing but his puppy eyes
I still rejected his offer and went in my apartment with him tagging along me like a puppy.

I gave him a towel since the gentleman was soaked and he was resting on my couch, wait MY COUCH

"HEY GET AWAY YOU MIGHT GET IT WET" I yelled "Rude" god can he speak any sentence without those puppy eyes.

I let him sit on that couch because of how wonderful of a human I am but the 'gentleman' thinks his charm worked on me and kept grinning as I was drying his hair with him sitting on my couch.

"You know I missed you beside me in these years" he spoke completely out of the topic..

(As he should because Y/N is precious)

"Yeah I wasn't active on social media either" I smiled.
"I am not very active either" he muttered
"That's nice because you used to be addicted" I laughed. I couldn't really believe someone like him got control of their screen time.

Time changes

Screen time changes too I guess.

"Okeys so what are you doing nowadays?" I asked. Showing a sense of excitement he started talking about everything in his current life.

While talking and laughing we came near the balcony. Where I placed my piano. I liked that a nice addition. Plus I could scare my neighbours while playing slow tunes in the night.

"So you've got yourself a piano" he asked out of nowhere while checking out my collection of books and thinking to steal my collection which was not a very humble idea.

I nodded as flashbacks came running into my head as he mentioned I've always wanted a piano.

(\\\flashback\\\)
3rd September
"HeY c/n the match was cancelled due to the rain, you might leave" I heard someone talking to my classmate C/N.

While I was playing 'thousand years' with my amateur skills in the musical room which was much empty that one could hear the clock ticking beside me playing the piano keys.

I heard someone open the door but seriously I didn't care as I was this close to completing the bridge it took me 23 tries, to get to the bridge without a single mistakes and the outro of the song after completing.

I turned around to see c/n standing right behind me in the doorway leaning against the door frame with a typical athlete outfit, he might have just returned from the practice "Never knew  this idiot was great at instruments as well".  He looked impressed though

"I'm just an amateur who doesn't know shit about music" I replied as I know he was always a great singer. He got great intimidating vocals, great taste and sometimes I felt insecure if he would judge my taste but instead..

He said "Hey I know nothing about playing a piano and the way you played was not the best but was great"

That was another thing how I fell so deep for him. I liked being around him. He was the only person with I felt that my personality likes and dislikes does matter to some one.

There were many times we used to play random beats on random instruments and get randomly judged by random people. Which is very random.

(///Back to present///)

I was leaning on my balcony thinking about the time we never needed words to show our affection towards each other.

But I guess if only once I used to show how I feel then maybe , maybe..

"Once there was an old lady who jumped off the balcony" he said as he suddenly hugged me from the behind.

Which made blood rush up to my face

(not blush but anger or maybe blush. I can't hide the fact I'm a hopeless romantic)

'Why is he doing this?' I thought to myself. We stayed there like that for a few minutes as the sound of the rain got us mesmerized.

Can we again be in the stage we left two years ago

Or I lost him in these two years

'I had all and then most of you
Some and now none of you'

Hey guys! It's the awkward author I have no views on this story and it's been two days but still I'm writing this story for my own satisfaction and hey I will always believe in myself and so should you! Because trust me you deserve the world dear reader :)