Chapter 3 : Paige

Something buzzing under the cushion woke her from sleep, Paige flipped it over and found her sister's phone.

"Brooke's not here, please leave a message."

"Paige! Where are you now?" JoJo sounded urgent.

"You left us on your yacht, remember?"

"I know! But where??"

Paige looked over the deck, beyond the blue sea rose a coastline full of white houses.

"Greece... I think." she rubbed her eyes and yawned.

"Good! I'll tell the captain to take you to Tartus! There's a naval base where I can meet you guys!"

"Wait! Where is Tartus?"

"In Syria."

"Syria? Why are we going to Syria? Aren't they at war right now?"

"Paige, I think we found her!"

Paige dropped her jaw. She looked out the Mediterranean Sea, not far from the plane crash three years ago, the A330 that went down with Chloe's family, along with two hundred and thirty-four passengers.

"This must be a sign!" she ran below deck and wake Brooke.

She remembered the last time she saw Chloe, she wore a black suit and dress, staring emotionless at the tombstones of her family. She stood under the rain, with Morris holding an umbrella over her, protecting her, like always.

She didn't speak throughout the service, didn't shed a single tear, keeping her emotions all to herself, like always.

She locked herself in the house after the funeral, refused to see anyone. They all tried to reach her, day after day, then every week, then once a month, then a year. Until one day Paige found herself standing in front of an empty house. The Lukasiak property has been sold.