Chapter 22 : Chloe

She woke up in a dark cold place, there were dim light glowing around the corner, she wanted to get up and inspect, but her body was so sore she could hardly move.

"Well that was a disaster!" the voice said.

"Where am I?" Chloe asked, her own voice echoed, like she was in a cave. "And who are you?"

She heard footsteps, light but clear, then in front of the dim light revealed a figure.

"Have you forgotten who you are?" the figure approached. "Or who I am?"

Before her stood a reflection of herself, with long blonde hair resting on her chest. She dressed in denim jacket and matching jeans, standing beautiful as ever. Seeing how far it became of herself, Chloe broke into tears.

They were on a family vocation in Europe, visiting from country to country. JoJo joined them by the end of the tour, invited them to her yacht. Clara had to get ready for school, so Chloe stayed while her family travelled back to the State.

No one expected the plane went down shortly after took off from Rome, taking all passengers with it.

Officials said it was a terrorist act, and Chloe became obsessed finding the group responsible for the two hundred and thirty-seven lives in the lost, but after Morris, Garrison, even JoJo failed her, she shut herself from the world, refused to see anyone, refused to eat and sleep, until one day she decided to sell everything and went on a path of revenge.

"I tried to steer you away, many times, until you shut me out too." her reflection said. "Now look at you. You're nothing but a freak!"

Chloe sobbed. With what her parents left her, she could still live a good life, instead she spent it all on her obsession, leaving with nothing but the clothes she was wearing, in a dark cave in the middle of nowhere.

"You should give up."

"Get out! I don't need your sympathy!" Chloe cried.

"Aren't those my words?" a new voice asked.

She looked up and saw Kalani, the tall Columbian girl sat across from her, placing a can of water on a rock. Chloe immediately covering with her hand, feeling deep shame of her disfigured face.

"Look on the bright side, an eye patch will make you look like a really bad ass!"

Somehow Chloe was glad that it was Kalani seeing to her, the gangster girl has seen all kind of ugliness. Anyone else would find her hideous now.

"Maybe I should shoot myself too? I'll make sure to do it the right way." Chloe said, remembering the unfortunate story of Kalani's best friend.

"I'm glad you still have your humor!"

Chloe picked up the can and took a drink, water taste ever so sweet in this part of the world.

"Are the others all right?"

"What? D'you think you are the only one who can make it out here? They're having a barbecue right next door!"

Chloe chuckled, relief that everyone was safe.

"And they are waiting for you. Paige won't start without you." Kalani stood up.

"I'm not hungry." Chloe shook, thinking how she must look to them now.

"But I'm starving! So if you don't join us, I'm gonna shove a gazelle's leg down your throat!" she helped Chloe to her feet.

"Wait." Chloe stopped her. "May I borrow this?"

Chloe slipped the scarf off Kalani's shoulder, wrapped it over her head and her lost eye. Her memory has returned, so did her dignity.

"Really? Do you need a blow dryer too, Princess?" Kalani sent her a glare.