Chapter 17 : Jacque

"We have everything you need here!" the leader introduced his collection.

Inside the structure I saw lines of vehicles. There were two sand-rails, striped to the bones and wheels for light weight and high speed. Four standard jeeps and two Toyota pickup trucks with machine guns mounted on top, commonly favored by the Talibans. I said nothing.

In the next warehouse were more jeeps, with a tank parked at the back. I said nothing, letting the man proudly running his showcase.

"Everything from our adversaries and allies, rich countries have so much they often forget where they put their toys!"

The third warehouse was stocked with guns and ammos, in crates scattered around the spacious ground. And the last one contained the item that I came for, because the man told me.

"And here is what you came for!"

It was a giant truck, as big as a train, the panels were armored plated, the windshields high and narrow. The truck has three sections, the tractor section was a four-wheel drive, behind it were two six-wheeled trailers, like a three section train, summing up to sixteen wheels, each as big as one they use on industrial tractors.

Seeing it was the only thing in the warehouse, I climbed on the trailer and inspected the cargo, under the yellow canvas were long metal boxes.

"Two hundred Mistral missiles and fifty launchers, travels up to Mach 2.7, capable of hitting a flying object at altitude of ten thousand feet. A fighter pilot's worst nightmare!"

"What about commercial flights?" I heard myself asking.

"During takeoff and landing? No problem!" the man laughed proudly. "The plane that went down the Mediterranean Sea few years ago? Thank this baby!"

I jumped down from the trailer, climbed into the driver's seat, checking all the switches.

"Now before you head out of here." the man stood by the door and said. "Two million doesn't cover us anymore, the new price is..."

I reached the small of my back and pulled out a gun, pointed between his eyes and fired two shots.