Chapter 25 : Chloe

She followed Azzam deeper into the structure, where modernized renovation ended and rocky cave began. Her earpiece began to crackled, losing radio signal with her friends.

The four guards escorting them, two stood guard where the cave began, and two halted before an old wooden door. Azzam pushed through the heavy door and into an oval shape room, inside was full of pictures, with burning candles and flowers, next to those pictures hung swords and medals, the wall at the far end hung a big flag she could not named.

"This is the sanctuary, a place for the souls to rest." Azzam explained in front of the flag. "And THIS, will hang the day my vision becomes a country!"

Chloe studied the pictures, mostly soldiers, both young and old.

"Why aren't there any guns?"

"No weapons in here. My people have fought all their lives. I think they should rest in peace."

That explains the armed guards stood outside. Chloe thought.

"Aren't swords a weapon too?"

"Throughout history, a sword is a decoration of honor. Think of them as medals on a soldier's hip."

"And the souls that you killed? Are they here too?"

"Taking pains to remove the pain of others is the true essence of generosity." the man quoted as he admiring his flag. "I am merely removing the pain of others."

"Like you took down that plane at the Mediterranean Sea?"

Azzam heard the heavy door slammed shut, turned and saw the young woman lowered the iron locking bar.

"What do you think you are doing?"

Before he could figure out what was going on, Chloe kicked over a table, flowers and candles landed over the wooden door and began to burn. She reached to the pictures, pulled out a sword and charged towards Azzam. The man pulled back on instinct, missing the blade by an inch.

"Guards!" he called.

Outside the sanctuary, two guards began banging on the door, when that failed they switched to their rifles, shooting rapidly through the thick wooden door.

Chloe swung the blade again, cutting right and left, forcing Azzam backward, the man pulled everything into her path, a table, a chair, then he pulled out a nearby sword in time to block the incoming blade.

"Who are you? Who sent you?"

"My mother sent me!" Chloe kicked away the table and went for another cut.

"Who is your mother?"

"I'd say you should go ask her, but I guess you are going to Hell!"

Azzam dodged the swing, lashing out his own sword to make an attack.

"Even if you killed me, you won't get out of here alive!"

"I never plan to!"

With the fire and the rapid shooting at the far end, Azzam saw a young woman with nothing to fear, her face full of rage, but her eye sharp as a nail, stood in the posture of an expert swordsman.

"GUARDS!!" he called again.