Chapter 9 : Kendall

She strapped herself tight to the driver's seat, it has a five-point harness, the kind they have for pilots, with two comes down the shoulders, two around the waist and one between the legs. But even with all the straps, she still didn't feel secured to the seat enough.

"Are you sure this is safe?" she asked.

"Don't worry, the Army does this all the time. These APCs are indestructible!" Slava's voice came from the other vehicle.

"What about the passengers inside?"

"Passengers? Oh, we usually drop them separately." JoJo added.

"Wait! WHAT??"

At high altitude the giant AN-120 Ruslan lowered its rear ramp and side panels, released the roller and let the loading plate slide, the Boomerang and the 82A dropped out into the open air and began free fall.

"THIS WASN'T WHAT WE TALKED ABOUT!!" Kendall cried out as the vehicle falling head first, turning the steering wheel like it could help.

"But this is way more fun!!" Brooke and Paige high-fived each other in the passenger section.

The Boomerang has no windows, Kendall could only see the exterior through a screen to her right, the image rolled from ground to sky to ground again.

Shortly she felt a violent jerk, yanking the vehicle level again, with three giant parachutes carrying each of the armored cars, slowly making their descent, until finally touched solid ground.

They exited the vehicles and checked all equipment, then took a bearing and found their location. They were ten kilometers west of Telskuf, right next to the Mosul Dam Lake.

"It's so hot here! I can go for a swim right now!" said Paige looking at the lake.

"Paige, we're literally in Iraq!" Kendall reminded, already feeling hostile on the empty land.

"When we leave, you can swim out of here!" Brooke said.

After ensuring all equipment functional, they began making their way to Telskuf. Kendall only had an hour to learn to drive the Boomerang before takeoff. It has no windows, only an open hatch at the front, but the wind was too hot to bear, so she chose to drive by the forward screen. It was uncomfortable not seeing the actual view, but at least the land was flat and empty.

From a different screen she could see the 82A carrying Slava and JoJo.

"How are you doing over there?" JoJo asked from the radio.

"All is good! It's not like I'll run into anything!" Kendall replied, looking at the flat land on the screen.

"Don't worry. If you run into anything, you'll crush it like tin foil."

"That's exactly what I'm worrying about!"

With her operating skill with machines, liability was her only concern.