Chapter 8 : Morris

Generations of war has left Mosul a ruined city, although it was being rebuilt, the progress was slow, and the atmosphere was still hostile.

Morris and Kalani posed as Canadian journalist to void any complication. They first visited the hospital, and traced back to the local troop that brought in the patient.

"There was an attack." a commander named Bashir explained. "Many were injured, some were transported here for intensive treatment."

"Did anyone claim the attack?" Morris asked, playing his role by taking down notes.

"Several. With the Americans gone, now they are fighting among themselves."

"Like they have been the last two thousand years." Morris sighed.

He took out a picture and showed to the commander. "Did she look something like this?"

Bashir took one look at the picture of Chloe and shook.

"No. The person we brought in was badly burned, but definitely not her."

Morris let out a sigh of relief, put the picture away and asked.

"Can you take us to the site?"

"Why do you want to go there?"

"We're journalist. It's our job." Morris shrugged.

"I cannot spare any more men, but I can show you how to get there."

"That would be most helpful!"

Kalani was waiting for him in the jeep, she wore a scarf over her hair for local religious reason, and told not to go anywhere unless he approved. Morris got into the driver's seat and showed her a hand drawn map.

"What's there?" Kalani compared the drawing to her digital map, already inputting the coordinate.

"It's where they found the White Jackal. We find her, we find Chloe, or at least what happened to her."