Chapter 12-Kitfox

See if you can find the song quote (Hint: it's a song by Guns n' Roses)

~Cactus

Imperial was full.  We were at the cave entrance.  My and Truthseeker's egg would hatch that night.  We were desperate for safety, preferably before our dragonet would hatch.  Truthseeker and I were huddled at the edge of the cave, trying to stay warm and dry from the rain that had started to fall when we first heard the voice.

"Turn back! You are not welcome here!  You're gonna diiiiiiiiie!"  the voice wailed, high pitched and eerie and I could guess why it was called "Ghost Mountain".  I felt ice shiver down my spine and lifted my head.  Nearby plants and rocks ripped themselves out of the walls, ceiling or ground and moved around as if guided by ancient spirits.  

"leeeeeeeeeeeeeave."  an invisible dragon hissed quietly.  All of a sudden, a silvery outline of a face appeared in front of me!  I started to scramble backwards when Truthseeker spoke.

"Stop!"  She shouted, "I know this is a test, and we're looking for a safe spot to raise our hybrid dragonet."  The noises and movements stopped and, for a minute, all was calm.  After a few moments, a purple and pink dragon with big wings (A RainWing/SkyWing hybrid) appeared in front of me and a SandWing with serrated claws (A SandWing/IceWing hybrid)  walked out of the shadows and held out her talon.

"Hi," she said, "I'm Kitfox."

Truthseeker started to reach for Kitfox's talons, but looked down at our egg when a cracking sound echoed in the cavern.  A crack was forming on the egg, a crack that was getting wider and longer by the second.