Chapter 35-Snowflake

Princess Snowflake's POV:

I looked out the window at the setting sun which was bathing the sand in red and sighed, wanting to be out there, enjoying the last rays of sun, but knowing that the day that Mother would let me out would be the day that scavengers flew!

Some of you might think that she's just being overprotective, but I know better.  Before I was even hatched, SkyWing soldiers ripped out her claws, so she wasn't able to challenge her sister for the throne, like she wanted to.  Because she's so smart, she had a back-up plan: to give the IceWings a queen that could be easily controlled, aka, me.  Thankfully, her plan backfired, even though she doesn't know it yet; thanks to her lessons, I'm smart enough to see her true intentions and, if I became queen, I would be able to punish her and make my own decisions.

That's it!  I'm tired of being constantly squashed under her talons; I'm going for a fly.  And I flew out the window, breathing in the red-tinted air and happy to be free, if only for a moment.

(A few minutes later)

As I walked around the moon-lit pond, Mother's warnings about dragon-nappers and assassins floated through my head, but I ignored them and said out loud, "how possible is it that there's someone who wants to dragon-nap me anyway?"

As soon as the words left my mouth, I felt a prick on the back of my neck and a voice say, "you know what dramatic irony is?"  As the world faded into darkness around me.