Chapter 14-Entering the Haven

~Cactus

Kitfox led Truthseeker, Twilight, and I through the maze of a tunnel system that was hidden with vines as she told us about the history of our destination.

"A long time ago, Sandfly, Snow-owl, and their dragonet found these tunnels. After weeks of exploring, they found a giant cavern with small caves and tunnel systems circling the walls and they made it a home.  Everyone who needed safety, especially hybrids, was given a safe place to live.  Sandfly and Snow-owl were just rulers and listened to all advice and feedback.  Eventually, there was around half a tribes worth of dragons!"

Kitfox stopped in a small cave where the only exit was the way we came.  I tilted my head at her and she said, "Follow me."  Then, she walk straight through the wall!  Truthseeker followed with Twilight, but I hesitated.  Truthseeker's arm reached out of the wall, (so weird) grabbed my wrist, and pulled me towards the wall.

All of a sudden, I was in a cavernous cave almost the size of the mountain itself that had plants and animals near the bottom (even though the way we got in seemed to be the only exit) and light all around us as if lit by the sun (even though the sky was stone and I could see no torches).  here were dragons of all colours, (even ones that I didn't recognize as the colours of any tribe)  flying through the over-head space or in the caves lining the walls.  I looked down at Twilight and smiled, knowing that she would grow up here.