The meeting of Yuki and Ur

Yuki moved through the streets, hiding within the shadows. She was homeless, no place to go, just a wondering kid. It was surprising that a 5 years old kid had survived this long on her one. Her parents had been murdered by a dark guild. They were both very powerful mages and when they came after them their love for Yuki had been the thing that ruined them. See the dark guild had kidnapped her, leaving only a note to them were she was. Her parents came for her but what they didn't know was that it was all a trap. Her Mother was eight months pregnant with Yuki's little brother. She wasn't able to fight in her condition, so it was up to her Father to defeat the whole guild by himself. Only he didn't get a chance too as the master of the guild held a knife to his young daughter throat he had no choice but to surrender. Yuki had then been ripped from her parents and thrown in a jail underneath the guild by herself. She cried and cried for days but in those four dark days had awoken something deep within Yuki. The great will to survive. Unfortunately it was that which got her parents killed. She managed to break out of her prison cell but when she finally found her parents they were stabbed by the guild master, right before her eyes. Her Mother's last words to her where, 'run as fast as you can.' That was what she had been doing the last year, running from the monsters that killed her parents. It was her plan to find out what they wanted with her parents, get stronger, go back and make them pay for what they did. They had taken everything from her and she wasn't planning to let them get away with it. Yuki leant against the brick wall watching everyone go by. It was snowing but Yuki wasn't the slightest bit cold, the cold had never bothered her. Everyone that was going by was wrapped up in scarves and coats except one woman, holding the hand of a small child. The child looked to be about 6, she was small and female. Even to Yuki she looked weak. The short purple haired Mother looked up from her child and her eyes laid on Yuki. The child before her looked tired and hungry but surprisingly not cold. She knew she couldn't just leave her and they were heading home anyway. The woman slowly walked up to the child.

"Hey sweetheart are you alright?" She said bending down so she didn't seem scary. The child had brown hair that came just below her shoulders and stunning big blue eyes. The child stayed silent and just watched the woman and child in front of her.

"What's your name?" The woman asked changing her approach. Yuki thought for a second and then opened her mouth to say...

"Yuki." The answer seemed to satisfy the woman and she smiled at her.

"Nice to meet you Yuki I'm Ur and this is my daughter Ultear." The small child next to her gave Yuki a small wave. Yuki said nothing more.

"Listen why don't you come home with us. I can give you some food and things. You must be cold out here with only that dress on."

"I'm not cold." Said Yuki. Ur smiled.

"Of course not. Well feel free to follow us home if you wish." Then the woman stood up and walked away from Yuki. Yuki watched them closely as the left. She didn't know what to do. She was starving and that woman seemed nice but she knew that she could never trust anyone, so what does she do? Her hunger was the thing that made her go after them. She walked a few paces behind them but she followed them none the less. Ur smiled knowing all along that the child was a sensible one. When Ur got home she left her front door wide open so that their follower could come inside only she didn't. She stood at the doorway looking inside. Ur put Ultear to bed because she looked tired and then addressing Yuki.

"You can come in, we don't bite." Very slowly Yuki walked in the house and closed the door. She watched as Ur made her a bowl of warm soup. Ur set it on the table and pulled out a chair from her to sit on. Yuki sat down and slowly began eating the soup. She wanted to be polite but her hunger was great and she came to be eating it a lot quicker than she realised. Ur watched the young girl down a whole bowl of hot soup in less than two minutes. What had this poor girl been through? When Yuki finished she pushed the bowl away from her.

"Thank you for inviting me into your home." She said quietly.

"That's quiet alright. So tell me outside you said you weren't cold, why is that? It is very strange to meet a child like yourself to be indifferent to it."

"My Father was a snow mage and my Mother was a water mage. I guess it comes from them. I feel more at home with the cold than the hot. I prefer winter to summer, it's just the way I have always been. That's what they told me anyway."

"Where are your parents?"

"They are dead. They were killed by a dark guild for reasons unknown to me, but I plan to get stronger and take revenge for them."

"Revenge...it a powerful and dangerous thing. If your parents were both mages what type of magic do you use?"

"I haven't decoded yet. My parents wanted me to choose what magic I want to use. My Mother said the type pf magic we use reflects who we are, it is not just a tool it is a way of life. When they were alive I tried many different types of magic. Celestial magic, card magic, green magic but not of them seemed right."

"Well if you are a friend to the cold have you considered ice make magic?" Yuki looked up at her and shook her head. "Let me show you." Ur clenched her right hand into a fist and out her flat left hand underneath it. Yuki leaned forward as the air around her became a lot colder. When Ur opened her fist Yuki's name was there, carved out of pure ice and bopping up and down in the palm of her hand. Ur watched as her eyes lit up as she looked apon her ice magic. The girl didn't act like a 5 year old and she looked more like a 7 year old than her own age but the look on her face when she saw her name written in ice like that told Ur that she was a 5 years old kid on the inside.

"So what do you think?"

"It's beautiful."

"If you stay here, I could teach you how to use this magic." Yuki looked up.

"Really? You'd do that?"

"Of course. It might be nice for Ultear to have a friend here too."

"I would love to stay. Thank you so much..."