Chapter 1 : Routine

Driiing Driiing
Ugh, I always forgot how much I hate this wake up alarm I should really put on an another one. I stretch out my arms and turn off the alarm as I open my eyes slowly. My legs led me to my dresser while my brain still trying to wake up. I pick up a suitable outfit for work which consist in a white shirt and matching beige jacket and trousers. I go in the bathroom to do my skincare routine and wear light makeup. Ready, I put on my heels, grab my bag with my keys and phone and leave my apartment.

I live in Midtown East in New York and I work in Wall Street so I have around 30min of transport but I don't mind because I have time to fully wake up, prepare myself mentally for work and call my best friend, Nina who lives in London, my childhood city.

So, I put my earphones in and walk towards the subway. I love this feeling walking around with music in my ears in my city, it feels like I'm in a movie or something.

Before I go to my building, I buy as usual a cappuccino because without caffeine I wouldn't survive one day of work. When I finally enter my office, I put down my bag, sit in my chair and contemplate the view I have while sipping on my coffee, still with my earphones on.

"Miss Pugh!" A familiar voice got me out of my transe and made me jump on my seat.

I turn around and see Julia, my secretary. "Oh my god, Julia. You gave me a fright!" I say quite relieved as I take off my earphones.

"Well, Alexia, I called you multiple times but you didn't reply so I had to do it."

I check my phone and frown when I see no missed calls.

She laughs at my action. "I didn't call you on your phone but with my voice, silly."

I blush a bit of shame but regain my composure immediately. "So, what did you want to tell me?"

"Oh yes. I got you the paper work you wanted and you got a new project which M.Hitchson wants to talk with you about."

"Okay, thank you. Do I have to see him now or can it wait a little?"

"Uhmm... I don't know but I can go ask him if you want."

"Yeah, that would be great. Thank you Julia." With that, she nods and leaves my office.

I put my earphones back on and look at the papers she got me. The first ones are the ones I asked her to print, it's just a couple of sketches of an apartment for a client. The other ones are for the new project I assume.

I lift my head when I see mouvement in front of me. It's Julia.

"So, yeah he wants to see you now. And I think it's an important project because he seems tense." She informs me.

"Alright. I assume I have to go then." I say as I roll up my earphones and put them in my pocket with my phone. I get up and grab the paper I'll need. "Can you schedule an appointment with Mrs.Smith and one with Mrs.Larsson?"

"Yes, consider it done."

"Thank you, you're the best. Wish me luck!" With that said, I head towards M.Hitchson's office.

Arrived, I knock and go in when he said "enter". He is sitting at his desk leaning on the back of his chair. "Hello Alexia." He greets me with a smile.

"Good morning, James." I greet back. "So, what is it with this new project?"

"A very important one. I got a proposition from Chanel to rebuild and redecorate some of their buildings."

"Wait... what?" Afraid I misunderstood what he said.