Chapter 11: See you soon

SHE IS KISSING ME!

The feeling of her soft lips against mine makes me feel like my heart's going to burst out of my chest. But soon — too soon — she ends the kiss by moving away. I open my eyes and I can see in hers that she enjoyed it as much as I did. I look at her hand still stroking mine and then back at her. We don't have to talk because it's like we can read each other minds and know what the other's thinking. This time I kiss her first, gently at the beginning, putting my hands on either side of her face to deepen it. I straddle her and she grabs my hips to pull me in. The kiss becomes more passionate as we each fight for dominance. She slips her hands under my shirt, and when the cold makes me gasp, she takes the opportunity to slide her tongue into my mouth. Our kiss gets me drunk and I lose control of my body. I see my legs moving, leading us to my bedroom.

As we get rid of our clothes, I warn her. "This is my first time."

"Ever?" She smiles mockingly.

"No, you know what I mean." I roll my eyes.

"I do, I'm just messing with you." She chuckles and pauses. "It's mine too."

"Thank you for the honour."

I lean in and kiss her again. God! I'll never get enough of this. I wish I could explain what I'm feeling — it's like I'm dying and burning inside at the same time. We get lost in each other and forget the world around us.

"Shit, shit, shit!" El's voice wakes me up. I open my eyes and see her panicking picking up her stuff.

"What's wrong?" I propped myself up on one elbow.

"I'm gonna be late, I've got a flight to catch in an hour and a half. And I have to go back to the hotel to pick up my stuff."

"Right. Go take a quick shower and I'll take care of your stuff." I stand up and slip on a t-shirt.

"Thanks." She slips away into the bathroom.

While I'm gathering all of her things, my mind gets back to the overthinking. What did we just do? It was the best night of my life and... she's leaving. What am I supposed to do? I won't be able to forget her that easily. ... I will just have not to think about it, drowning it with other things. Yeah, okay that's the plan.

"I'm done!" El comes from behind me making me startle a bit.

"Me too. Here's all your stuff."

She takes it. "Well, I guess this is it." She says as we stand face to face neither of us knowing how to do this.

"Yep." I hug her and she hugs back me tightly. We're enjoying it, neither of us wanting to end it, because even if we don't say it, it might be the last for a long time. I end the embrace with difficulty. "Go, I don't want you to miss your flight."

"Tired of me already?" She chuckles and I try to memorise her smile with as many little details as I can.

"No on the contrary, if you stay a little bit more I'm never letting you go."

Her eyes moisten. "Okay, fine." She hesitates, then turn around and walks toward the elevator.

I grab her arm. "Wait." I turn her to face me and kiss her passionately. This is probably the best kiss I have ever had, certainly since it's a goodbye kiss.

She ends it and opens her mouth to say something but I stop her. "Don't — or you're never going home." I push her into the elevator and say "Get home safely and text me when you land."

I see her nod with tears in her eyes as the door closes. I go back to my — empty — apartment and hear my phone ring. I grab it and open the text.

El <3
miss u already <3 ;(