Chapter 2 : A lost girl

Driiing Driiing
Ugh again this stupid alarm, why do I always forgot to change it? I open my eyes and realize that today is the day I may start the biggest project of my entire career. I go to my dresser and stand still a few minutes before choosing my outfit. Obviously, it's not one I will wear to a day to day work but it's a great one for a meeting with Chanel. I know it's not for that I'm meeting them but still I have to make a good impression.

In the subway, my legs are bouncing due to my nervousness. I know it's still hours away but I can't stop it. Usually, I'm not at all stressed for any appointment but with the pressure I don't know how to get rid of it.

I arrive in my office with a cup of cappuccino in the hand of course and see Julia putting some files on my desk.

"Good morning, Julia." I smile as she turns around in a jump.

"God, you scared me!" She says with a hand on her heart.

"Just returning the favor." I smirk.

"Well I was just putting some papers on your desk to be nice and that's how you thank me."

"You do that every morning and I-"

"Wait." She cuts me off realizing something. "You're early. H-how?" She said shocked.

"Come on! Don't be shocked, it's not the first time I'm early is it?"

"Actually, it is." She thinks for a few seconds and then adds. "Oh... right... I got it! You're stressed because you got your meeting with Chanel today." She chuckles.

"You think this is funny Miss Specter?" I fake a serious tone. "Because if I want to I can fire you right now."

"Yes you can but you wouldn't because without me how can you manage to keep up with all your appointments? I know you'll be lost without me." She smiles innocently.

"Maybe. Anyway, I have to work and thank you for the files, Julia." I finally go to my desk and sit in my chair.

"You're welcome, Alexia." She walks towards the door and adds "Nice outfit by the way." before leaving. I'm wearing a dress and I do that very occasionally.

I prepare the papers I'll need for my first meeting with M.Parker and put them in the corner of my desk. Then, I organize the ideas I've got for the big project and put them in order. I hear a knock so I lift my head up and see Timothy, a three year associate, I gave him a sign to enter and he does. "Yes?"

"Here's a couple files you might need for this afternoon. It's some ideas and some of the designs they did for other buildings." He gives me the papers.

"Alright, thank you Timothy." He nods and leaves my office.

I read briefly the files and put them in my bag with the others I'll need for my two appointments. I leave my office and say bye to Julia passing by her desk. The two meetings aren't at the firm so I don't have to go back between them.

I look at my phone, 2.30pm. "Sorry guys, I have to go. Duty calls." I grab my bag and hug all three of them.

"Bye business woman." Hailee chuckles.

"Yeah, good luck! Tell us how this big meeting turned out." Chloe adds.

"Alright, bye. It was so great to see you all of you again!" I wave goodbye to them and leave.

In 30min is THE meeting, my hands are shaking just with the thought of it. The one of this morning with M.Parker went very well: he signed the contract and the works can begin next week.