Chapter 6 : Lunch

Sunday went by pretty quickly even a bit too quickly for me. I knew that Monday I'll have to tell James about what happened with Chanel and I'm not ready at all. I slept in till 12pm and called Nina to know how the party went.

"Hi Alex! Good morning to you." She said exited.

"And good afternoon to you." I chuckled. "So, I guess the party went well?"

"Yeah, it was great and..."

"And?"

"I asked Taylor out and she said yes."

"That's amazing! I'm so happy for you! So when's the date?"

"Next friday."

"Are you nervous?"

"Yes, of course. But enough about me. What was the all second guessing yourself of yesterday?"

"Well I don't really know it's just about what I told you about Elizabeth and also the fact that I think I might get fired."

"Wait! What? Why?"

"You know the big project with Channel?"

"Yeah?" She quickly realized. "Oh I'm sorry."

"Yeah I screwed up, big time."

"But you're not getting fired, James would never do that, you're too important for him and the firm."

"I don't know, with a big mistake like this I really don't know."

"Well if you do don't worry you have time and money to figure things out."

"Wow thank this was really comforting." I say with full sarcasm.

"Anyway what are you doin to do today?"

"Binge watch friends."

"Not very surprising."

"Oh I almost forgot, I'm going to lunch with Elizabeth tomorrow."

"That's awesome! You'll call me after and tell me everything."

"Of course."

We talked a bit more and then hung up. Other than that, well I binge watched Friends all day. So yeah not a very productive day.

With my cappuccino in hand, I enter my office and find James leaning against the table. Shit! Does he know? I took off my earphones. "Oh, good morning James." I say nervously.

"Hi Alexia."

"Sorry I'm late, I missed my train." I lie since I just waited 15min before going in the building dreading this moment.

"It's okay. How are you? You left pretty early Friday."

"I'm okay, thank you. And... about that..."

"Yeah?"

"...no... first tell me why you're in my office."

"To check on you and..." He grabs a white envelope of my desk "...to give you this." He hands it to me.

"What is that?" I look at the blank envelope.

"Open it."

I do so. Inside is a beautiful wedding invitation card and joy takes hold of me. "Oh my god! This is finally happening! Congratulation!" I go hug him tightly.

"Thank you." He hugs me back.

"And it's in three month. Wow I'm so happy for you and Sophia!"

"Are you still okay to be Sofia's bridesmaid ?"