Chapter 4 : Friends

I turn around and see this familiar blondie standing a few feet away from me, the lost girl from Thursday. Her name escaped my mind maybe because of my drunkenness.

"What are the odds, huh? I never thought we were going to see each other again." She says as she comes to hug me.

"Yeah-"

"So, who is your hot friend here, best friend?" Leo whispered a little too loudly in my hear.

"Oh shut up." I elbow him. "Hum, Leo this is hum..." I stammer on my words as my mind won't focus.

"Elizabeth. Nice to meet you." She finishes for me.

"Yeah, that's right, Elizabeth. Sorry." I apologize.

"No worries. Anyway, I have a booth with some friends, do you want to join us?"

"Hum..."

"Yeah, we'd love to, we were just looking for one." Leo answers for me.

"Great. The booth is right over there." She indicates as we start walking over there.

"What's gotten into you?" L whispers in my hear.

"I- I'm drunk." I say as an excuse because I don't even know the answer myself.

"So, Leo, Alexia this is Mike and Amy. Mike, Amy this is James and Alexia." She introduces us and we greet them.

We settle down in the booth next to Amy as Elizabeth sits next to Mike. A pleasant conversation begins. I snuggle into Leo as my eyes goes on the face of the blondie in front of me. I don't know what's happening but my eyes devour her face as if I wanted to remember every little detail of it : from her pink lips she bites from time to time, her cute nose which she sometimes scrunches when she laughs, to her, god, gorgeous green eyes.

A hand entered my eyesight and hid what I was admiring. "Are you okay?" Amy asks kinda worried.

"Yeah, just a bit sleepy." I reply.

"Oh, I've got an idea! Who wants shots?" Leo suggests. We cheer at the idea. "Ok, then I'll be back in a minute with the drinks." He says getting up and heading towards the bar, forcing me to sit down properly in the process.

"So, how did you guys know each other?" I engage the conversation.

"We all went to NYU. I think we met at the beginning of the year party." Mike starts.

"Yeah, with Mike we bumped into each other when we were moving into our dorms. And Lizzie we found her on a bench reading a book before going to the partie. You remember that?"

"Of course, how can I forget the time when two idiots disturbed my reading just to go to a stupid party?" Elizabeth giggles at the memories.

"So, it wasn't because you were in the same class." I state.

"No, we didn't study similar subject at all. I was studying law, Mike engineering and Lizzie well obviously act-" She stops herself suddenly looking at Elizabeth. I steal a quick glance to the girl noticing her sudden nervousness as our eyes meet for a second. "Anyway, how did you two meet with Lizzie?" She changes the subject.

"In the subway." I answer.

"Lizzie in the subway? Wow I never thought I'd be hearing that ever." She chuckles.

"Here the drinks guys!" Leo finally comes back with the shots. "What're you guys talking about?"

"About how Lizzie and Alexia met." Mike responds.

"Oh yeah I want to hear that! Since she never told me." He says looking at me.

"Ok, ok well as I said we met in the subway, Elizabeth asked me for directions and strangely we were going to the same area. So... we did the ride together and well that's pretty much it."